What happened to fordham?! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:lol. I guess we are all going to be labeled now "anti Fordham trolls" by OS and be hunted forever.
Richie Tenenbaum wrote: Personal information was used that was intended as a personal attack. That's a very good reason to lock a thread.

anibulbul

New

Post by anibulbul » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
anibulbul wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: People take issues with my arguments all the time; that's the nature of TLS. People even complain and say negative things about Fordham, yet I do not lock threads left and right. My privacy was violated in an inappropriate manner, hence my action.
Excuse me, I have been quiet until now, but I have to say what I saw. Your privacy was NOT violated.
He responded to your surreal Fordham trolling by quoting your message and inserting funny observations in bold font. As far as I remember, you replied to that post. There was absolutely nothing unusual in those posts.
I wasn't talking about that. I did respond to it, and it would not have been grounds for locking the thread.
You did not lock it, you removed it from the database.
I read the entire thread and I think you were very unprofessional Ms. Soprano.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:30 am

anibulbul wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
anibulbul wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: People take issues with my arguments all the time; that's the nature of TLS. People even complain and say negative things about Fordham, yet I do not lock threads left and right. My privacy was violated in an inappropriate manner, hence my action.
Excuse me, I have been quiet until now, but I have to say what I saw. Your privacy was NOT violated.
He responded to your surreal Fordham trolling by quoting your message and inserting funny observations in bold font. As far as I remember, you replied to that post. There was absolutely nothing unusual in those posts.
I wasn't talking about that. I did respond to it, and it would not have been grounds for locking the thread.
Read my PM.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
anibulbul wrote:
Alright, its cool then... let's all back off of OS. Although her Fordham trolling makes me want to hurl, I'll take her word that she locked the thread with good reason.

And OP: Sorry for the thread hijack by all of us. I have no idea why Fordham dropped again, but it wouldn't really make sense for the PT numbers to hurt it even more this year.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 am

anibulbul wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
anibulbul wrote:
I did both in succession, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:32 am

anibulbul wrote:
Excuse me, but WHO IN THE FUCK ARE YOU? AND YES HER PRIVACY WAS VIOLATED.

You were better off keeping your mouth shut instead of treading into areas you have NO FUCKING CLUE what you are talking about.

anibulbul

New

Post by anibulbul » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote: Read my PM.
I did. I also read the whole thread and nothing will convince me that there was any kind of personal attack there.
I agree that Kenneth needs to call Opera out for this.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:34 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
anibulbul wrote:

You were better off keeping your mouth shut instead of treading into areas you have NO FUCKING CLUE what you are talking about.
Jesus, kid is going to become a mute now.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 am

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!

LOUD NOISES!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:36 am

I have no horse in this race-- I don't care about Fordham and I've never have talked with OS before. All I will saw is what was brought up in the other thread, whether if it was true or false, was just inappropriate to bring up in a law school forum. There was no purpose behind it except to make a jab at a person.

Thread was deservedly locked and moved to the Mod forum.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:37 am

Where's Waldo, TLS Edition

In this thread:
*Find the consummate professional
*Find the Gloria Allred-wannabe who views this as a serious threat to our 1st amendment rights
*Find the antagonistic virgin

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:38 am

traehekat wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
anibulbul wrote:

Jesus, kid is going to become a mute now.
No, he's a fucking douche. Unfortunately, you can't bitch-slap the douche out of people. It's there to stay.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 am

flcath wrote:Where's Waldo, TLS Edition

In this thread:
*Find the Gloria Allred-wannabe who views this as a serious threat to our 1st amendment rights
I will give $5 to charity tomorrow if paratactical shows up in the next 5 minutes and offers an "abort this mf" comment for this thread, complete with illustration.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

anibulbul

New

Post by anibulbul » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 am

Mr. Matlock wrote: No, he's a fucking douche. Unfortunately, you can't bitch-slap the douche out of people. It's there to stay.
How am I a douche? I read the whole thread and I am sharing my opinion. I saw absolutely no personal attack or privacy violation. I happen to take good notes in my Constitutional Law class :P

Behave.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:44 am

PM fail

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 am

anibulbul wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote: No, he's a fucking douche. Unfortunately, you can't bitch-slap the douche out of people. It's there to stay.
How am I a douche? I read the whole thread and I am sharing my opinion. I saw absolutely no personal attack or privacy violation. I happen to take good notes in my Constitutional Law class :P

Behave.
Newsflash - this is not your Constitutional Law class.
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:PM fail
I'LL SAY.
Last edited by traehekat on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:PM fail
I saw your post before you edited it. I missed that jab, and I'm very sorry to OS if someone stooped to that level. But it must have been pretty subtle because it went right over my head (and the heads of a few others, apparently).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 am

FunkyJD wrote:

In this thread:
I will give $5 to charity tomorrow if paratactical shows up in the next 5 minutes and offers an "abort this mf" comment for this thread, complete with illustration.
I love Para so much. She's a sweetheart in person. It's alright though, you guys. I appreciate the people who were looking out for me. I don't really have any anonymity on here; my classmates know who I am, as does my own admissions office, which is why I have to act, or hope the other mods will protect my privacy.

I do actually want to discuss the school, as it happens, because I think Fordham did the right thing by not shrinking the PT program. It refused to pander or game the rankings. One could argue that Fordham needed the tuition revenue and didn't have space to add more FT seats, and while both these arguments are true, I'm glad the school remains committed to evening students. I hope the admissions office won't feel pressure to shrink this year's PT class.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 am

Nightrunner wrote:I think she promised her heart to Mr. Matlock, anyway.

Ahhhhhhhh..... only in my most wild and vivid of dreams....................... (Dammit! I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife)

Oh, and Fordham, yes. Good school, good show and all that.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 am

Nightrunner wrote:THIS IS PAGE 2. NO ONE HAS TALKED ABOUT FUCKING FORDHAM YET.

DO SO OR STFU.

Seriously, OS is hot. We get it. We all get it. Stop harassing her online, gentleman...it won't do any of us any good. I think she promised her heart to Mr. Matlock, anyway.
<3 :lol: <3

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:I think she promised her heart to Mr. Matlock, anyway.

Ahhhhhhhh..... only in my most wild and vivid of dreams....................... (Dammit! I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife)

Oh, and Fordham, yes. Good school, good show and all that.

<3 and I'm sure your wife is absolutely gorgeous.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 am

So are these drops (GW last year, Fordham this year) definitively related to PT? I remember there was a strong refutation given last year by a GWU part-timer, suggesting that it might just be empty correlation (incorporating PT into rankings --> 2 schools w/ PT programs fall).

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 am

Wow @ this whole thread.

TLS: One big [strike]happy[/strike] dysfunctional family!
:lol:

anibulbul

New

Post by anibulbul » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:

In this thread:
I love Para so much. She's a sweetheart in person. It's alright though, you guys. I appreciate the people who were looking out for me. I don't really have any anonymity on here; my classmates know who I am, as does my own admissions office, which is why I have to act, or hope the other mods will protect my privacy.

I do actually want to discuss the school, as it happens, because I think Fordham did the right thing by not shrinking the PT program. It refused to pander or game the rankings. One could argue that Fordham needed the tuition revenue and didn't have space to add more FT seats, and while both these arguments are true, I'm glad the school remains committed to evening students. I hope the admissions office won't feel pressure to shrink this year's PT class.
So much for your privacy being violated in that thread. And I am not a Fordham fan. I just don't like Fordham and I think it deserves its new rank. Feel free to ban me.
8)

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:01 am

flcath wrote:So are these drops (GW last year, Fordham this year) definitively related to PT? I remember there was a strong refutation given last year by a GWU part-timer, suggesting that it might just be empty correlation (incorporating PT into rankings --> 2 schools w/ PT programs fall).
More than two fell. Temple, Suffolk, and some other lower ranked schools with PT programs also fell, though not all of them did. Not every school has a large disparity between FT and PT numbers, though most have some disparity.

And yes, I remember that. I think it was MrOrange. He said something about career placement taking a hit, but unless it was a one year hit that suddenly corrected itself, I am forced to conclude that it was the PT numbers, since we know exactly how GW reacted this year, and we saw the bounce back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”