Temple v. Nova v. Pitt v. IU-B v. L & C all sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

and the winner is..

Temple
40%
Villanova (20k/yr)
20%
Indiana - Bloomington
40%

Total votes: 15

jimicornerstone

Temple v. Nova v. Pitt v. IU-B v. L & C all sticker

Postby jimicornerstone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:23 pm

BUMP..

So I've narrowed this down a bit and have received a 15/k per year scholarship from Nova (3.0 contingent renewable).

I'm still leaning towards Temple as I like the school better, but am still a bit intrigued with IU-B. I'm pretty sure I want to stay in Philly for the forseeable future, but that could change and the mobility of the IU degree is what makes it more attractive to me.

Any advice/input would be appreciated. Thanks!

----------------------------------------

I know it's a lot of options..I am from Philly and most of my legal connections are in the area, I would have no problem with potentially working in the area, but knowing myself I think I may be better suited with a more mobile degree. IU-B is the highest ranked school I've gotten into and Lewis and Clark is probably the school that appeals to me the most even though it probably doesn't make much sense financially. I went to Pitt undergrad and love the area and have lots of friends there, its' recent rankings bump makes it a bit more attractive. If I went to Nova I could live at home and eliminate the vast majority of the COL. I'm right now leaning towards Temple mainly because it is cheaper than Nova. It's still possible I get a 10-15k scholarship at L & C or Nova, but no word yet. Any input? Thanks.
Last edited by jimicornerstone on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

jimicornerstone

Re: Temple v. Nova v. Pitt v. IU-B v. L & C all sticker

Postby jimicornerstone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:45 pm

bump

jaroo917

Postby jaroo917 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I would also try getting scholarship money from Temple. I've heard some people being successful asking for money from them.

jimicornerstone

Postby jimicornerstone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Do you think I can do this with the deposit deadline so close at hand?

jaroo917

Postby jaroo917 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 pm

It might be difficult this close, but I have seen on other forums people hearing back anywhere from a 1 day response up to a week. It's worth a shot

jimicornerstone

Re: Temple v. Nova $ v. IU-B v.

Postby jimicornerstone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:37 am

BUMP..
Last edited by jimicornerstone on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

superflush

Re: Temple v. Nova $ v. IU-B v.

Postby superflush » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 am

jimicornerstone wrote:I'm still leaning towards Temple as I like the school better, but am still a bit intrigued with IU-B. I'm pretty sure I want to stay in Philly for the forseeable future, but that could change and the mobility of the IU degree is what makes it more attractive to me.

Am I reading the same thing twice?
If you are absolutely sure that you want to work it Philly, then go to Nova or Temple.
If you are impartial to where you want to work, then you should probably go to IU.

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

I'm pretty sure I want to stay in Philly for the forseeable future

Take IU-B off the list.

As far as Temple V Nova, I would say it mostly depends on what type of eperience you want over the next three years as well as what type of law you want to practice. Either way, if its Phila you want, you really can't go wrong with either school.

jimicornerstone

Postby jimicornerstone » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:23 am

Nova bumped it up to $20k which would make them cheaper, also I currently live with my parents right near Villanova so COL would be negligible. Still, I kind of want to move back to the city and I prefer Temple's programs. So I'm thinking Temple is the choice, although I'm tempted to put a deposit at Nova too in case something changes in the next 2 months.

kopper

Postby kopper » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:31 am

I voted for Temple. I feel it is the best choice outside of Penn in Philly and is also more affordable than Villanova. If you want to work in the Phillly area I think Temple beats both Nova and IU-B. I don't think either school gives you the flexibility you may want outside of their respective regions. So, save money by staying home and going to Temple unless you prefer to work in the midwest or go to a lesser school for more money and choose Nova.

EDIT: OK now Nova is cheaper but Temple is still the better choice.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”