BU vs. Cornell: The Final Round Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Re: BU vs. Cornell: The Final Round

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:24 am

I'm a Cornell undergrad and if I had to choose Cornell vs. BU($) I would choose Cornell in a heartbeat. Despite my bias and preference, however, I get the sense that you would be much happier in Boston at BU. Beyond the good that is in itself, the lower stress will enable you to do better in law school, regardless of whether or not you could make it work long distance. Combine that with your strong ties to Boston already, and I think it becomes clear that you will be better off at BU.

dakatz

Gold

Re: BU vs. Cornell: The Final Round

Post by dakatz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 am

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I'm a Cornell undergrad and if I had to choose Cornell vs. BU($) I would choose Cornell in a heartbeat. Despite my bias and preference, however, I get the sense that you would be much happier in Boston at BU. Beyond the good that is in itself, the lower stress will enable you to do better in law school, regardless of whether or not you could make it work long distance. Combine that with your strong ties to Boston already, and I think it becomes clear that you will be better off at BU.
I'm starting to feel this way as well. There just seems to be so much that would eliminate stress for me as a 1L if I choose BU. I know the area and have a great comfort in Boston, I would have my gf there and that always keeps me at ease, the debt would be very low with a no-strings-attached scholarship, the courseload at BU is lighter the first semester to allow an easier transition to law school, etc. Just makes it seem like there is a lot at BU that would set me up to do well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”