Villanova$$$ or American??

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jglick3

Villanova$$$ or American??

Postby Jglick3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

I am deciding between Villanova which offered me $10,000 and American which did not offer me any money. I think I may want to work in Maryland or D.C following graduation. Which school do you think I should choose? Does anyone know if Villanova places students in DC or MD well?

Captain Jack

Re: Villanova$$$ or American??

Postby Captain Jack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

Hmm, money does make this a minor issue...

Without any idea of how Villanova places in MD/VA/DC, I would say that if you'd want to practice in DC/MD, then American would be the better choice because of the extensive alumni network and its reputation in the D/M/V area. However, if you were to want to practice anywhere else (and I really just mean the East Coast), I'd take the money and run with Villanova.

Both schools are mainly regional so it's better to go with the school that will fit into your future plans and goals.

Good luck!

mikeyp

Re: Villanova$$$ or American??

Postby mikeyp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Villanova places well in MD and DC. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know that out of the graduating class last year, most found jobs in PA (48%), followed closely behind by NY, and then DC in third. But I'm pretty sure American will place better in DC than Villanova. So it depends on how much this matters to you. If you do well at Villanova, you will not have a problem finding a job in DC. A lot of recruiters come to Villanova from DC.

But this is the most important thing:
Captain Jack wrote:Both schools are mainly regional so it's better to go with the school that will fit into your future plans and goals.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”