USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HooCavalier
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby HooCavalier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

OneKnight wrote:
HooCavalier wrote:GW back in to Top 20 ... just shows last year's drop was simply wrong.


Indeed. It's back to where it should be.


Correct ... or more correctly, where it always was!

User avatar
caleng
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby caleng » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

HooCavalier wrote:GW back in to Top 20 ... just shows last year's drop was simply wrong.


+180
Order has definitely been restored.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Doritos wrote:What the heck did Arizona State do?

Something to do with a 4yr old boy, I heard.

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

thickfreakness wrote:I'm sorry, but I have to do this.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

T12, the new T14.

(This thread's really busy so I need to stand out.)


Ok, but then wouldn't it be T11? Or "The Mighty Top 12 Schools of the Top 11"?

T14 will never die.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Guys, its important to have a loser school as a gatekeeper for the top schools. That was Gtown until it stunk it up too bad. Now its Cornell's time to be the caboose.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby jmhendri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:28 pm

What is going on with W&L?? It's got to be some sort of diabolical sabotage.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:T3 a meaningful tier? look at the assessment scores and it seems that within the legal community doesn't see things that way.

Agreed. It is, as it always was, and will always be, Y/H, then S, then C, then a cluster of very good schools.

FTFY

User avatar
quickquestionthanks
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:31 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:WOW...it is this for real...if it is a flame..it wont be funny...i drove all the way home because facebook is blocked at work.


All this trouble over Facebook... haven't TLSers heard of a proxy server?

http://www.hidemyass.com/

User avatar
Rock Chalk
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Rock Chalk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:32 pm

.
Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby uwb09 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 pm

I know it's T2 and it doesn't really matter much, but damn it Seattle, why must you tank on me :(

User avatar
StoneontaState
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby StoneontaState » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:34 pm

All I'm sayin' is where the heeellllllllll is Cooley in these rankings? THEY GOT GYPPED!

User avatar
jcl2
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby jcl2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:T3 a meaningful tier? look at the assessment scores and it seems that within the legal community doesn't see things that way.

Agreed. It is, as it always was, Y/H, then S, then C, then a cluster of very good schools.


S and H have flipped in the 2 and 3 spots several times. I think Stanford was ranked #2 just two or three years ago.

User avatar
jrobby6
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby jrobby6 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I attribute GW's rise (again) to the removal of their PT program. There. I said it.

See Fordham.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby thickfreakness » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

StoneontaState wrote:All I'm sayin' is where the heeellllllllll is Cooley in these rankings? THEY GOT GYPPED!



Economy really hit their placement so they fell out of the T10.

itsmytime10
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby itsmytime10 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:WOW...it is this for real...if it is a flame..it wont be funny...i drove all the way home because facebook is blocked at work.


All this trouble over Facebook... haven't TLSers heard of a proxy server?

http://www.hidemyass.com/


yeah that is blocked too.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

xoxo giving H2O some love:

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
The Pen Is Mightier wrote:Ok, but then wouldn't it be T11? Or "The Mighty Top 12 Schools of the Top 11"?

Nope. Because there are 12 of them.


But there isn't a #12! It's too complicated for me to understand! I need the familiarity of the T14 and the unwavering bastion of fourteenness that is Georgetown!

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Doritos » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:38 pm

jmhendri wrote:What is going on with W&L?? It's got to be some sort of diabolical sabotage.


W&L historically was ahead of Will and Mary but the gap between them is growing according to US News. I think thats more a flaw with US news than with the school itself which is very solid. That new 3L curriculum may have scared the rankings people for whatever reason.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby danquayle » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:41 pm

DerrickRose wrote:Wow, I almost go to a T20.

Image


I find your emblem offensive.

User avatar
PitchO20
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby PitchO20 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Also, anyone surprised UC-Irvine is not ranked? I remember seeing an interview with Chemerinsky where he predicted placement in the top 25.

Also, I expected to see Drexel in the T2.

User avatar
quickquestionthanks
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:43 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:WOW...it is this for real...if it is a flame..it wont be funny...i drove all the way home because facebook is blocked at work.


All this trouble over Facebook... haven't TLSers heard of a proxy server?

http://www.hidemyass.com/


yeah that is blocked too.


Sneaky, fyi, there are hundreds of sites like that. If your work blocks them all, kudos.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Albatross » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:43 pm

University of Alabama student: The recently leaked 2011 law school rankings by the popular news source USNews seems to be in error, especially in the midst of the first tier. One such school, the University of Alabama, is reported as being ranked at 38. Seeing as this ranking is not reflective of the school's actual potential, many Alabama students argue that the rankings are due to a "hectic football season" as well as "winning a national title," while other student's simply stated "fuck Florida." Clearly, the rankings are skewed, as these students would know best.

Which one of the following conclusions is best supported by the passage?

(A) "Really, fuck you Florida."

(B) USNews purposefully randomly decides all tier 1 rankings past T14 by drawing numbers from a hat.

(C) Nick Saban could change the rankings with a single phone call to USNews.

(D) Some factors have played into the rankings of some schools, namely Alabama, that have caused a temporary drop in rank.

(E) This is the greatest, though dickheadish flame post TLS has ever seen.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby Always Credited » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:43 pm

jrobby6 wrote:I attribute GW's rise (again) to the removal of their PT program. There. I said it.

See Fordham.


So does that mean Fordham dropped because it lowered PT, or maybe even FT, admission standards in order to admit a larger class to make more money in order to solve its increasingly atrocious budgetary issues?



ahhhhhmaybe!

itsmytime10
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby itsmytime10 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:WOW...it is this for real...if it is a flame..it wont be funny...i drove all the way home because facebook is blocked at work.


All this trouble over Facebook... haven't TLSers heard of a proxy server?

http://www.hidemyass.com/


yeah that is blocked too.

try
[url]vvd1.net[/url]


They got that too: Here is what i get

Reason:
The Websense category "Proxy Avoidance" is filtered.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Postby jmhendri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Doritos wrote:
jmhendri wrote:What is going on with W&L?? It's got to be some sort of diabolical sabotage.


W&L historically was ahead of Will and Mary but the gap between them is growing according to US News. I think thats more a flaw with US news than with the school itself which is very solid. That new 3L curriculum may have scared the rankings people for whatever reason.


Exactly... outright sabotage by the timid, obstinate, bourgeois legal academic community.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigZuck, jbagelboy, Smc1994, votebuilder1, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests