USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
A'nold

Gold

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Post by A'nold » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:17 am

That would be great if this was a hoax. :)

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 am

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
gogo wrote:what do people think about UGA moving up to #28?
It's about damn time, the fact that they weren't already there makes the USNews rankings look like a joke
Upon first look, I though the schools had "moved up" too. But I had to remember something: if they can be said to be tied for the high number, they can also be tied for the low number, as well.

I said before, being tied with five other schools means it is really #28, #33 and everything in between.
arhmcpo wrote:What is going on with Davis? Really? I didn't even seriously consider them a year ago but all they do is go up and up
Same response as above. UC-Davis and UGA are tied with four other schools for #28 AND #33.
Last edited by PDaddy on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 am

RickyMack

New

Post by RickyMack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 am

YCrevolution wrote:
primusux wrote:
jl2032 wrote:Yes, I did... I'm just messing with the 2am crowd...

I think a few others on here bought the book as well...

You think I got the store in trouble for releasing it early? I got it for $9.95, which is the listed price, but then heard they started charging $15 for it. They must have known something was up...

A hoax would be nice at this point. My brain hurts :)

Note that I'm going with this as legit until proven differently....unfortunately :(
Aside from the Irvine issue (it should have been included in the disclaimer clause about not being ranked because it's provisionally accredited), spot-checking the numbers, they appear to be fine. Moreover, if it was a hoax, the person spent a lot of time making it seem realistic aside from just visuals (bumping NE and HI back into T2, ranking the schools that have just become/recertified as fully accredited, etc.)
I don't think it should have been included in a disclaimer, Irvine's inaugural class is still in 1L, how could they even be ranked?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:34 am

YCrevolution wrote:
primusux wrote:
jl2032 wrote:Yes, I did... I'm just messing with the 2am crowd...

I think a few others on here bought the book as well...

You think I got the store in trouble for releasing it early? I got it for $9.95, which is the listed price, but then heard they started charging $15 for it. They must have known something was up...

A hoax would be nice at this point. My brain hurts :)

Note that I'm going with this as legit until proven differently....unfortunately :(
Aside from the Irvine issue (it should have been included in the disclaimer clause about not being ranked because it's provisionally accredited), spot-checking the numbers, they appear to be fine. Moreover, if it was a hoax, the person spent a lot of time making it seem realistic aside from just visuals (bumping NE and HI back into T2, ranking the schools that have just become/recertified as fully accredited, etc.)
Yep, like I said....unfortunately legit :(

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:36 am

DarkwingDick

New

Post by DarkwingDick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 am

Nightrunner wrote:
MoS wrote:So, no appearance by UC-Irvine
*sigh* still not accredited.
lmao.

Son of Cicero

Bronze

Post by Son of Cicero » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 am

mavsman88 wrote:
Son of Cicero wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:What?!? No props for starting the thread??? I know I had nothing to do with the actual leak, but a little shout out would've been nice
i figured we were doing you a favor by not fully appropriating the OP spot. You could have given the thread a title that didn't suggest that you were delivering the goods, but you were in it for the glory. Take what you can get, man. I mean, I even did something useful like made all of the links pretty and compile everything in one spot, and I don't ask for "props." If it were not for countless such acts of ego-immolation on the altar of Ken, TLS's flame couldn't burn this brightly.

Let that knowledge be your reward as you go forth and selflessly do good things (or as you STFU).
My sarcasm has yet again gone unnoticed, and I am hardly in it for the "fame". The rankings were released, I had contacted USNWR who confirmed this. I didnt title it here are the rankings, or 2011 rankings leaked, just that they had been released and i was searching for someone to track them down. Also, the STFU comment was just out of line and immature. Consider me disheartened.
Actually, I happened to read your post when my aspie coach was still here, and I consequently learned that your subtle technique of punctuating questions concerning insignificant matters with "?!?" and "???" meant that you were not being straightforward. However, (1) since you hadn't been officially reproached for using an attention-grabbing title to get people to click on a thread in which you supplied nothing of substance, and (2) as I hadn't yet posted my customary announcement that I had put out any effort at site management, I decided to make a post which, through the manifest insincerity of its ultimate message, would create a context of levity in which I could achieve both objectives without the drawbacks of a more sober approach (i.e., exposure to the risks of coming across as assholishly censorious or self-serving). I figured this lack of sincerity would be obvious in a post that represented the mods as self-righteous and mentally cracked (what other kind of person advocates "ego-immolation" at all, let alone when the greater cause is...this (see the past 37 pages)), but I guess I should have added more superfluous punctuation so that the masters of sarcasm would know not to take things at full face value.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 am

:roll: This :roll: ranking :roll: is :roll: as :roll: phony :roll: as :roll: a :roll: three :roll: dollar :roll: bill...

OP forgot Minnesota in the original ranking, but the gap occurred between 25 and 27. OP came back and claimed Minnesota was #22, which wouldn't have affected the gap. The numbers were changed to make it work.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 am

PDaddy wrote::roll: This :roll: ranking :roll: is :roll: as :roll: phony :roll: as :roll: a :roll: three :roll: dollar :roll: bill...

OP forgot Minnesota in the original ranking, but the gap occurred between 25 and 27. OP came back and claimed Minnesota was #22, which wouldn't have affected the gap. The numbers were changed to make it work.
1) OP wasn't the one who posted any scans.
2) The scan has Minnesota at #22
3) NR was nice enough to transfer the scan into a more readable format and accidentally left out Minnesota, which was then later corrected.

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 am

PDaddy wrote::roll: This :roll: ranking :roll: is :roll: as :roll: phony :roll: as :roll: a :roll: three :roll: dollar :roll: bill...

I'm not really sure what you just said, but I hope this helps: link

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 am

Nightrunner wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:

1) OP wasn't the one who posted any scans.
2) The scan has Minnesota at #22
3) NR was nice enough to transfer the scan into a more readable format and accidentally left out Minnesota, which was then later corrected.
Truth.

ETA: Totally mt fault on overlooking Minnesota; I corrected it as soon as it was pointed out, but several people kept using the quoted original post.
Its okay... it didn't really haven any impact on the rankings. Is Minnesota even an accredited law school? Or a state for that matter?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blackmamba76

Bronze

Post by blackmamba76 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:13 am

zizou wrote:1. Yale
2. Harvard
3. Stanford
4. Columbia
5. Chicago +1
6. NYU -1
7. Cal-Berkeley -1
7. Penn +1
9. Michigan
10. Virginia
11. Duke -1
11. Northwestern -1
13. Cornell
14. Georgetown
15. UCLA
15. Texas
17. Vanderbilt
18. USC
19. WUSTL
20. GW +8
21. Illinois +2
22. BU -2
22. Emory -2
22. Minnesota -2
22. Notre Dame +1
26. Iowa
27. Indiana -4
28. Boston College -2
28. William & Mary
28. UC-Davis +7
28. Georgia +7
28. North Carolina +2
28. Wisconsin +7
34. Fordham -4
34. Ohio State +1
34. Washington -4
34. Washington & Lee -4
38. Arizona State +17
38. Alabama -8
37. Colorado - Boulder +8
38. Wake Forest +2
42. BYU -1
42. George Mason -1
42. Arizona +1
42. UC-Hastings -3
42. Utah +3
47. Florida +4
48. American -3
48. SMU +1
48. Tulane -3
48. Maryland -5

Tier 2

52. Pepperdine +3
52. Yeshiva -3
54. Florida State -2
54. UConn -2
56. Case Western -1
56. Loyola - CA +15
56. Cincinnati -4
56. San Diego +5
60. Georgia State +5
60. Houston -1
60. Miami +11
60. Tennessee-Knoxville -1
64. Baylor +1
64. Lewis & Clark -3
64. Kentucky -9
67. Brooklyn -6
67. Kansas -2
67. New Mexico +10
67. Pittsburgh +4
67. Villanova -6
72. Penn State -7
72. Seton Hall +5
72. St. John's +15
72. Temple -7
72. Hawai'i +28
72. Oklahoma -1
78. Loyola - Chicago +9
78. UNLV -2
80. Chicago-Kent -3
80. LSU -5
80. Rutgers-Camden -3
80. Rutgers - Newark +7
80. Denver -3
80. Oregon -3
86. Hofstra +14
86. Indiana-Indianapolis +1
86. Northeastern +8
86. Seattle -9
86. Syracuse +14
86. Arkansas-Fayeteville +8
86. Richmond -9
93. Chapman +7
93. Santa Clara -8
93. Missouri -28
93. Nebraska-Lincoln +7
93. West Virginia +7
98. Catholic -4
98. DePaul -11
98. San Fransisco
98. Pacific-McGeorge +2
98. William Mitchell +2

Someone should double check these, just did them in a rush.
Now, for schools that fell substantially (4 spots and up) like Fordham (-4), Alabama (-8, Yikes!), Maryland (-5), do you think this could screw up their entering class this fall because some admits into these schools who are numbers conscious, could decide to withdraw and go to other schools and just wait 'til next year to apply to other schools? 'Cause I'm thinking there are probably some people who were on the fence waiting on the rankings to come out. So, now some of this schools might not even have a full class come August!

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:20 am

You may wish these to be fake rankings, but they appear to be the real deal. Sorry if your school fell in the rankings :P

stanfordsucks

New

Post by stanfordsucks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:21 am

The original Flickr link with the scanned pages doesn't seem to be working anymore, but here's another link with those pages:

http://brightcoast.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... -rankings/

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 am

It'd be easier to fake a bunch of European passports than fake these rankings. No way, no how.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:56 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:

It'd be easier to fake a bunch of European passports than fake these rankings. No way, no how.
I know

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 am

OneKnight wrote:

You may wish these to be fake rankings, but they appear to be the real deal. Sorry if your school fell in the rankings :P
Naaaw. My school didn't fall. In fact, I don't even know where I am going. Still waiting on a few top-10's (Chicago included) and some others.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 am

PDaddy wrote:
I know
I'm with PDiddy...not because I believe he is correct but because I hope he is correct.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 am

swheat wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
I know
I'm with PDiddy...not because I believe he is correct but because I hope he is correct.

There's a power of prayer thread going on if you wanna get down on that...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:05 am

I only pray to Zoroaster

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:09 am

swheat wrote:
I only pray to Zoroaster
Better than Vishnu

Son of Cicero

Bronze

Post by Son of Cicero » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:54 am

stanfordsucks wrote:The original Flickr link with the scanned pages doesn't seem to be working anymore, but here's another link with those pages:

http://brightcoast.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... -rankings/
Thanks, bro-ski.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 am

swheat wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
I know

+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”