USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mavsman88

New

USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Post by mavsman88 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I contacted USNWR who told me that the rankings have been emailed to the deans of all ABA approved law schools. I contacted one school who confirmed this but could not release the rankings. It's time to start hassling schools to see if anyone can get information. If someone could find out the top 25 (not predict) please post it on here. I swear this is no joke, contact any law school admissions office. They should validate this.

TLS MODERATOR HIJACK (Thanks to jl2032 for being the first to provide the new rankings)
[Links provided by stanfordsucks]

U.S. News Inside Title Page (LinkRemoved)
Schools Ranked 1-50
Schools Ranked 50-100
Specialty Program Rankings by Faculty & Tier 3, Part I
Tier 3, Part II & Tier 4, Part I
Tier 4, Part II
Part-Time Program Rankings
Law School Diversity Rankings

Full summary and comparison to last year’s rankings via Law School Predictor: Law school rankings leaked: who’s hot and who’s not…

[Special thanks to Nightrunner for the following enlarged list:]
2010 Rankings wrote: Tier 1:
1. Yale
2. Harvard
3. Stanford
4. Columbia
5. Chicago
6. NYU
7. Cal-Berkeley
7. Penn
8. Michigan
10. Virginia
11. Duke
11. Northwestern
13. Cornell
14. Georgetown
15. UCLA
15. Texas
17. Vanderbilt
18. USC
19. WUSTL
20. GW
21. Illinois
22. BU
22. Emory
22. Notre Dame
25. Iowa
27. Indiana
28. Boston College
28. William & Mary
28. UC-Davis
28. Georgia
28. North Carolina
28. Wisconsin
34. Fordham
34. Ohio State
34. Washington
34. Washington & Lee
38. Arizona State
38. Alabama
37. Colorado - Boulder
38. Wake Forest
42. BYU
42. George Mason
42. Arizona
42. UC-Hastings
42. Utah
47. Florida
48. American
48. SMU
48. Tulane
48. Maryland

ggocat

Gold

Re: USNWR Rankings Released...Seriously

Post by ggocat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 pm

mavsman88 wrote:I contacted USNWR who told me that the rankings have been emailed to the deans of all ABA approved law schools. I contacted one school who confirmed this but could not release the rankings. It's time to start hassling schools to see if anyone can get information. If someone could find out the top 25 (not predict) please post it on here. I swear this is no joke, contact any law school admissions office. They should validate this.
This apparently happens every year, and deans are not supposed to leak.

baboon309

Bronze

Post by baboon309 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

ggocat wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:I contacted USNWR who told me that the rankings have been emailed to the deans of all ABA approved law schools. I contacted one school who confirmed this but could not release the rankings. It's time to start hassling schools to see if anyone can get information. If someone could find out the top 25 (not predict) please post it on here. I swear this is no joke, contact any law school admissions office. They should validate this.
This apparently happens every year, and deans are not supposed to leak.
I am calling Cooley now!

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

first of all the year to year changes in rankings are largely meaningless, even gw's fall last year doesn't impact employer hiring or applications.
second, aren't ranking released in two days?
third, what's the big deal?

mavsman88

New

Post by mavsman88 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 pm

With 200 schools someones gotta talk. And I heard this new "methadology" uswr is using is very similiar to Cooleys. Could mean big things for the countries premiere law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I'm getting excited!! LEAK LEAK!

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Surely one of us must be a law school dean. Why are you holding back, Trujillo/kittenmittons?

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

mavsman88 wrote:With 200 schools someones gotta talk. And I heard this new "methadology" uswr is using is very similiar to Cooleys. Could mean big things for the countries premiere law school.

You heard wrong. You can easily find this years methodology on the usnwr website. There were minor tweakings.

You really think usnwr would put heavy emphasis on size of library?

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:48 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:first of all the year to year changes in rankings are largely meaningless, even gw's fall last year doesn't impact employer hiring or applications.
second, aren't ranking released in two days?
third, what's the big deal?
Maybe you have a nice fulfilling job that keeps you busy and happy all day but my job bores me to death and any temporary escape, however pointless and meaningless, makes it that much more tolerable.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

holborn

Bronze

Post by holborn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:With 200 schools someones gotta talk. And I heard this new "methadology" uswr is using is very similiar to Cooleys. Could mean big things for the countries premiere law school.

You heard wrong. You can easily find this years methodology on the usnwr website. There were minor tweakings.

why so serious?

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:51 pm

julesm2200 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:

why so serious?
BECAUSE RANKINGS R TEH SERIOUS!!!

mavsman88

New

Post by mavsman88 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 pm

julesm2200 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:

why so serious?
Sarcasm went very unnoticed

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:53 pm

FOR ONCE IN YOUR QUASI-PROFESSIONAL EXISTENCE, BRIAN LEITER, BE OF SOME USE.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

holborn

Bronze

Post by holborn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:55 pm

mavsman88 wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:

why so serious?
Sarcasm went very unnoticed
yeah, thats what i was trying to point out. i should just stick to "sarcasm fail" instead of trying to include movie quotes in everything i say. its a problem for me haha

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:09 pm

no, i thought it was clever... i got that it was a joker quote and that you were calling me out ;)

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 pm

The rankings will be out in two days. Then you get to see them. Till then, hush.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

umichgrad wrote:The rankings will be out in two days. Then you get to see them. Till then, hush.
ITT law school dean bitches us out

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jack duluoz

Bronze

Post by jack duluoz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Your best bet is to find schools that are on the edge of a tier. In one case, a school will be so excited they went up a tier that theyll want to spill the beans. In another, you could find a school that is pissed they fell a tier and want to sabotage the release date as payback.

general100

New

Post by general100 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

mavsman88 wrote:I contacted USNWR
Are you for real?

dvd

Bronze

Post by dvd » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:44 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gustrock

Bronze

Post by gustrock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 pm

San Francisco and Hofstra into TTT.

Toledo and MSU in T2.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TheNerdProject

Bronze

Post by TheNerdProject » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Last year (and I think the year before too) the rankings leaked on TLS because a newsstand at Penn Station in NYC didn't read the "please do not post until [X date]" and put the magazine up for sale before it was supposed to. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened again this year.

If any TLSers happen to be around Penn Station today, it would be awesome if you could check for all of us. I would do it myself but I no longer live in NYC.

The newsstand you'd be looking for is one of the biggest newsstands in Penn Station, so it'll be hard to miss. Ask around if you can't find it and I'm sure you'll get pointed the right direction.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

TheNerdProject wrote:Last year (and I think the year before too) the rankings leaked on TLS because a newsstand at Penn Station in NYC didn't read the "please do not post until [X date]" and put the magazine up for sale before it was supposed to. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened again this year.

If any TLSers happen to be around Penn Station today, it would be awesome if you could check for all of us. I would do it myself but I no longer live in NYC.

The newsstand you'd be looking for is one of the biggest newsstands in Penn Station, so it'll be hard to miss. Ask around if you can't find it and I'm sure you'll get pointed the right direction.
USNWR is releasing the rankings online in order to preempt the inevitable leaking. They're trying to beat them to the punch.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:53 pm

TheNerdProject wrote:Last year (and I think the year before too) the rankings leaked on TLS because a newsstand at Penn Station in NYC didn't read the "please do not post until [X date]" and put the magazine up for sale before it was supposed to. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened again this year.

I guess this wasn't posted in this thread yet, but this year the rankings will first appear online at midnight on 4/15 and only then come out in print.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm

SAE wrote:

I guess this wasn't posted in this thread yet, but this year the rankings will first appear online at midnight on 4/15 and only then come out in print.
USNWR website will crash precisely at 12:01am EDT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”