So torn: Pepperdine vs. U of H? Malibu or stinky Houston?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
tx1987

Re: So torn: Pepperdine vs. U of H? Malibu or stinky Houston?

Postby tx1987 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:16 am

Gatriel wrote:OP. . . . where did you send off your seat deposit to? Don't leave us hanging.

Well, I put down both deposits to buy myself some time on the advice of a friend who graduated from Pepperdine a few years ago, but I *just* read on another thread that putting down more than one deposit could be grounds for revoking admission. I thought that was just if the deposits were binding?

HazelEyes

Postby HazelEyes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:26 am

I hear that, but it's the highest ranked of all the schools. I would have been THRILLED to get in there! But sticker is pretty steep.

tx1987

Postby tx1987 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 am

HazelEyes wrote:I hear that, but it's the highest ranked of all the schools. I would have been THRILLED to get in there! But sticker is pretty steep.

It's not bad at all if I got in-state tuition. I wonder if it'd be possible to get residency if I deferred enrollment for a year and moved to VA for that year.

HazelEyes

Postby HazelEyes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:51 am

tx1987 wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:I hear that, but it's the highest ranked of all the schools. I would have been THRILLED to get in there! But sticker is pretty steep.

It's not bad at all if I got in-state tuition. I wonder if it'd be possible to get residency if I deferred enrollment for a year and moved to VA for that year.

Worth a try.
Of course i'm not an expert AT ALL, and depends on the kind of law you want to do...

I know some other people have done that for other shcools with tough residency requirements. (Wisconsin)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”