BC $$ vs Gtown PT sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
imisscollege

BC $$ vs Gtown PT sticker

Postby imisscollege » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Got one of those "do you still want to be on the PT WL" emails from gtown and I am deciding what to say.

I like boston a lot but I don't mind DC. I want to work in govt eventually, maybe start as a prosecutor. Out of all the schools I visited, I liked BC and Gtown the best. Social life is important to me. Thoughts?

hoyas2010

Re: BC $$ vs Gtown PT sticker

Postby hoyas2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

It depends on what you will do when you're not in class since you're applying for the PT program. If you could intern or something at a gov't agency even a few hours a week I'd say go for Gtown. I know working and going to LS would be tough but if you had something to do outside of class I think that would be the way to go.

However, if you're looking to get into gov't then having a smaller debt burden would be advantageous I would think.

As for social life- I go to Gtown UG and the social life is decent. BC's would be better. Obviously GULC is not on Gtown's campus so it's a different scene (and not really a great area). I personally liked BC area much better.

This was the probably most contradicting post on TLS but good luck.

EDIT: does PT mean preferred track? If that's the case my whole post is worthless.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 pm

no no part time...so the majority of the people with whom i interact are older and in the workforce

hoyas2010

Postby hoyas2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 am

imisscollege wrote:no no part time...so the majority of the people with whom i interact are older and in the workforce

Would you want to transfer to FT after the first year? I hear that isn't too hard to do.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 am

imisscollege wrote:no no part time...so the majority of the people with whom i interact are older and in the workforce

Well...duh.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

hoyas2010 wrote:

Would you want to transfer to FT after the first year? I hear that isn't too hard to do.

I probably would. Chances are I'd try to still work in Boston and I'm just wondering if the chances of Gtown above BC are worth sacrificing money and QOL for my first year.

klussy

Postby klussy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 am

sounds like your heart is more with BC. if it were me, I'd pick GT hands down.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

klussy wrote:sounds like your heart is more with BC. if it were me, I'd pick GT hands down.

even being qualified by the fact that I want to work in boston or southern california (maybe eventually) and the fact that I have a nice scholly from BC?

Jackie O

Postby Jackie O » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 am

it sounds like BC is tcr for you, especially if you don't want PT for the opportunity to work while in ls

I'll be attending PT and I'm all for GULC - but considering your desire to likely work in Boston, $$ at BC, and the importance of a social life to you (I can't imagine the PT division being nearly as sociable as the FT division, despite some of us being younger) - it just seems like you might be happier there

Return to “Choosing a Law School”