St. Louis vs. Buffalo vs. Quinnipiac

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
vercon

St. Louis vs. Buffalo vs. Quinnipiac

Postby vercon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Here's the deal. I've visited Quinn and was actually really impressed with the campus and the area, despite my expectations. They gave me a $20K per year scholly. On the down side, I'm a bit worried about the cost of living and my wife's ability to find work in Hamden/New Haven.

My experience in St. Louis consists of sleeping in a car at a rest stop on the east side of the river in late August and waking up in what seemed to be a swimming pool. St. Louis offered me a nice scholly that will reduce its tuition down to $18 per. Not too much more than Buffalo at instate prices. Plus SLUs bar passage rates are very nice.

Of course UB didn't offer me a scholly, but with the cost of living in Buffalo that's not a deal breaker. Plus my wife has some good connections there that could help me after I get out of school. Also they have a much better hockey team than Saint Louis (yes it's the little things in life).

Anybody got any input because I'm really torn at this point?

irish017

Re: St. Louis vs. Buffalo vs. Quinnipiac

Postby irish017 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Ryan Miller.

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:24 pm

I attended Quinnipiac for a year for undergrad. I loved the law school facilities, I took law courses while I was there, but area around the school is basically dead. There's not much to do or see in the area. As for jobs, I think the market around there is a bit limited and the main city is New Haven which I always found to be incredibly sketchy after dark.

Not sure if any of the other two have better job prospects, but I would assume there's more to do in Buffalo or St. Louis as they are more urban.

bwalker4

Postby bwalker4 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:30 pm

While Buffalo does have a solid team currently, the Blues' young talent has much more upside. With the addition of a solid goaltender the Blues are a better team. Also, consider where you want to live long term because all of these schools only place in their respective regions.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Given the choices, SLU carries far more lay prestige than the others. However, all are very, very regional schools.

irish017

Postby irish017 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm

bwalker4 wrote:While Buffalo does have a solid team currently, the Blues' young talent has much more upside. With the addition of a solid goaltender the Blues are a better team. Also, consider where you want to live long term because all of these schools only place in their respective regions.

I think 20% of UB grads end up in NYC?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”