Pitt v Cinci$ v Maryland v Drexel$$$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
apmurphy636

Pitt v Cinci$ v Maryland v Drexel$$$

Postby apmurphy636 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am

So these are the schools I have gotten into so far. Leaning toward Maryland but not sure it is worth the cost. I got a small scholarship at Cinci and a huge one at Drexel. Pitt has me on scholarship waitlist and nothing at Maryland. Anyone have any opinions on paying sticker at Maryland?

waverider

Re: Pitt v Cinci$ v Maryland v Drexel$$$

Postby waverider » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:42 pm

put the cost of attendance for each

In state at Maryland?

I would choose Cincinatti unless you are a Maryland resident and would like to work in Maryland after graduation.

You can get in state tuition at cinci regardless of residency status. Add on to that your scholarship and that seems like the best choice.

Disclaimer- I'm choosing Cinci so I may be a little biased. I'm picking Cinci over Tulane, so I'm in a similar situation.

splinter23x

Postby splinter23x » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:31 pm

I think Maryland has the best name by far of these 4. If you have in-state tuition it's a no-brainer, but even if you don't I'd pick Maryland. Baltimore is pretty awful, but it's better than Pittsburgh and Cincinnati and in a much better location, and Maryland is way better than Drexel.

waverider

Postby waverider » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Rank means very little...

Maryland and Cinci are close enough in the rankings that I would say it shouldn't be a factor (#43 and #52).

Cost and career goals should be the bigest factors.

If you are a Maryland resident tuition at Cinci and Maryland would be about equal. Factor in the scholly and give a small edge to Cinci for costs(non ohio residents can get the grad metro rate all three years).

If you want to work in ohio edge to Cinci if you want to work in Maryland give the edge to Maryland. Cinci has to compete with Ohio grads locally. Where Maryland has to compete with many highly ranked DC schools nearby.

So I would only pick Maryland if I was a resident and I wanted to work there.

Sorry to post this again but I wanted to elaborate

apmurphy636

Postby apmurphy636 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the input!

I am not a Maryland resident but I do want to work in the DC to Philadelphia area. I sent in my seat deposit to Maryland today. It was a tough decision between Cinci and Maryland but the location won on that one.

LawandOrder

Postby LawandOrder » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 am

M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D!

apmurphy636

Postby apmurphy636 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 am

I visited last weekend and loved it. Now just have to find a cheap place to live not in the ghetto.

apmurphy636

Postby apmurphy636 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:11 pm

So I am at Drexel's ASW and I have to say they are impressing me. I know they are a new school but they seem to be on the right track and I like their Co-op program. Any thoughts?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”