Villanova ($) Vs. Iowa Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Villanova ($10,000) vs. Iowa

Villanova
57%
Iowa
43%

Total votes: 14

mshflyer

New

Villanova ($) Vs. Iowa

Post by mshflyer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:39 pm

So it's crunch time and I've narrowed down my options to 2 schools. I know they seem kind of random together, but my pro and con lists for both have reached equal ends. Villanova gave me $10,000, I have friends and family on the east coast and am originally from NJ (though I live in CA). I want to pursue public interest, and Villanova has some great options, but so does Iowa. I know no one in Iowa and honestly feel a little tentative about moving there. I really wouldn't mind working in Philly or in the Mid-Atlantic/NE region. I also wouldn't mind working in a city in the midwest (like Minneapolis) after graduation. At the end of the day, I know Iowa is ranked much higher and may provide more opportunities.

I've been mulling this over for too long and need your educated opinions. Thank you in advance!!

mshflyer

New

Re: Villanova ($) Vs. Iowa

Post by mshflyer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm

bump

splinter23x

New

Post by splinter23x » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:35 pm

I wouldn't pay attention to the rankings. Employers don't, so you shouldn't. You're from Jersey and like the midatlantic region, where Villanova has a very good name. Villanova is better than Iowa in the midatlantic, at least in my opinion.

Iowa is better in the midwest but it doesn't sound like your cup of tea.

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm

splinter23x wrote:I wouldn't pay attention to the rankings. Employers don't, so you shouldn't. You're from Jersey and like the midatlantic region, where Villanova has a very good name. Villanova is better than Iowa in the midatlantic, at least in my opinion.

Iowa is better in the midwest but it doesn't sound like your cup of tea.
+1.

If you want to work in midwest, go iowa.

If you want to work on east coast, than Villanova is, hands down, for certain, the better choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”