Could someone help, please?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Gymnast0206

Could someone help, please?

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 am

So, I'm completely lost. I go to a crappy undergrad with no pre-law advisor or program. And, I really have no idea what the better deal is. I'm hoping someone could lend me advise on what the best decision would be.

I've been accepted to the following:

George Mason (haven't received any financial information)
UConn (won't receive financial information until after April 15th)
Chapman (full-ride)

If I have to pay sticker at UConn or GMU would it be better to just go to Chapman and forfeit the debt? I'm also struggling between taking the year off and re-applying next year. I'm a 4.0/160 URM (numbers slightly fudged).

If I decide to take the year off, I can also wait on my WL offers from WashU and Notre Dame. Also, I'm still waiting to hear from around ten schools, four of which I'd love to attend.

Any advice?! It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

cranberry

Re: Could someone help, please?

Postby cranberry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:55 am

what kind of URM? if you are a legitimate URM and really have a 4.0 you should retake the lsat and apply again next cycle. take a powerscore class. if you could get your lsat up 6-7 points you'd have much better options.

Gymnast0206

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm American Indian, Cherokee. My grandparents grew up on the reservation and my mother left when she met my father. I've been told though, that I'm not the "right" kind of URM.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:I'm American Indian, Cherokee. My grandparents grew up on the reservation and my mother left when she met my father. I've been told though, that I'm not the "right" kind of URM.

I thought that's the most "right" kind of URM. I posted in your other thread, you should retake if you can realistically improve and get in much better schools with more money. Write about your heritage.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”