Hofstra/Miami/Drexel/NYLS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
wheredoigo

Hofstra/Miami/Drexel/NYLS

Postby wheredoigo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I've been accepted to Hofstra with a $15,000 scholarship, New York Law School with a $15,000 scholarship, and Drexel with a $10,000 scholarship. Additionally, I've been accepted to the University of Miami but with no money. I got wait-listed at Penn State, St. John's and Rutgers-Newark. Hypothetically, if I were to later get rejected from all the schools I'm wait-listed at, which of the remainders would be the best choice??

Columbia Law

Re: Hofstra/Miami/Drexel/NYLS

Postby Columbia Law » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Did you ever reconsidered taking the LSAT in order to have some better options? It's worth it sometimes to take a year off.

Just a guess: 3.3/156 ish?

wheredoigo

Postby wheredoigo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 pm

actually 3.2/160 but I applied really late. I don't really want to take a year off, especially when I've gotten into some alright schools.

SteelReserve

Postby SteelReserve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm

especially when I've gotten into some alright schools.

If you don't want to take the year off, that's fine, but these are not 'alright' schools...they are plain awful in terms of cost-to-job-prospects (and reputation among lawyers, at least as far as the nyc/philly area goes). By contrast, Rutgers is an 'alright' and you might know the Miami area better than I, but I can tell you nyls/hofstra/drexel are laughed at. Have you even talked to any recent grads/2Ls/3Ls from those schools? Neither is a better choice than the other as they are terrible so just pick which area you'd like to build your life in.

eagles86

Postby eagles86 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm likely going to Miami and I know it places better than most non T14 tier 1s within South Florida. Hofstra is low on the food chain in a saturated market and NYLS is even lower.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”