How do people seriously turn down Harvard Law??? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
RealTalk

New

Re: How do people seriously turn down Harvard Law???

Post by RealTalk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm

CordeliusX wrote:To the OP: I find it bizarre you want to practice in the Bay area, incidentally, yet also spark this thread...

Many people don't realize that HLS is considered the so-called "degree mill" and I think on examination S and Y offer more pleasant experiences. Of course, yeah, I'd love to have gotten in myself :oops: and have a crack at H, but I don't get particularly "warm" feelings from the place.
who cares

I'd rather be miserable for 3 years at HLS and be able to live a lifetime off the prestige it carries that is unmatched by any other university in the world rather than be happy for 3 years at YLS or SLS and always be considered second rate to Harvard.

Having Harvard on your resume means that every person you EVER meet will be impressed by you. You can't say that about any other school.

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:03 pm

lol you are scum bud

Tofu

Bronze

Post by Tofu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:08 pm

RealTalk wrote:I made a similair thread earlier and I agree. How anyone turns down Harvard is beyond me (unless they went there for undergrad).

No other school holds anywhere near the prestige Harvard does. Everyone knows that if you get into Harvard your either uber smart or really rich (sometimes even both). To me those are two qualities that are most worthy to attain. Yale can be #1 on USNWR for as long as it wants but Harvard lay prestige owns it. If you get into Yale people will think you got rejected at Harvard. If you get into Harvard you never have to worry about that because everyone knows its the most prestigious school in the world.
lol

the people who you work with could think you got rejected from yale

RealTalk

New

Post by RealTalk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Tofu wrote:
RealTalk wrote:I made a similair thread earlier and I agree. How anyone turns down Harvard is beyond me (unless they went there for undergrad).

No other school holds anywhere near the prestige Harvard does. Everyone knows that if you get into Harvard your either uber smart or really rich (sometimes even both). To me those are two qualities that are most worthy to attain. Yale can be #1 on USNWR for as long as it wants but Harvard lay prestige owns it. If you get into Yale people will think you got rejected at Harvard. If you get into Harvard you never have to worry about that because everyone knows its the most prestigious school in the world.
lol

don't care about other attorneys

I only plan to work at Wachtell for 3 years at most...

my future plans are actually to lateral into hedge fund management or i-banking so i'm about impressing non-lawyers

that why I withdrew from Yale after getting into Harvard

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

pugalicious wrote:
Mattalones wrote:
Cactus wrote:
Oh, I could definitely see that. I imagine adding the H-bomb to the arsenal is the culinary equivalent of being upgraded from a sous-chef to the Iron Chef of pounding vag.
What I like about this post is that it is totally something that I could picture your tar saying on The Office :lol:
I love how boys think that just by throwing around a school name, they soon will be "pounding [more] vag." It couldn't have anything to do with a newfound confidence and the, "I'm going to Harvard when I graduate" conversation starter (where they previously would have stood silently by the beer keg, hoping to pick some girl up by offering to pump it for her). No. Women only like shiny things. : )

+1

I'm a woman. I know this to be true.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

I met an attorney who turned down Harvard for a full ride at Vandy. He's a fairly successful lawyer at a mid-size city. He really likes what he does, and he only work about 50-60 hours a week. Always home for family dinner. He said he chose Vandy over Harvard because of the financial issue, family, and the weather. He never regretted it for a second. It seems to me that he knew exactly what he wanted in life, what was most important to him, and didn't let prestige get into his head. He is definitely one of the rare though. I, for one, would not be able to make the same decision he did were I facing the same choices.

mike7174

New

Post by mike7174 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Cactus wrote:
Cactus wrote:
mike7174 wrote:
Cactus wrote:Congratulations on finally garnering serious interest from the ladies. Enjoy it now, because it won't impress the slam pieces nearly as much in Cambridge.
Don’t worry, I’d been garnering their interest even before Harvard. Dropping the H-bomb at frat parties just makes it even easier.
Oh, I could definitely see that. I imagine adding the H-bomb to the arsenal is the culinary equivalent of being upgraded from a sous-chef to the Iron Chef of pounding vag.

mike7174 wrote:bump. can we please revive this discussion?
Yes, as I assumed, the powers of the H-bomb are not limited to those that are actually accepted into the school. Thursday night at the bars, I figured why not try to weave in the "fact" that I'll be attending Harvard Law next fall into some casual conversations with a few sorostitutes. The field results are in my friend, the H-bomb is everything you cracked it up to be and more. Slam pieces + alcohol + the H-bomb is the perfect storm, and that's not rain falling....no, those are panties.

despite the fact that you're joking, the h-bomb REALLY does have that kind of power. its just great....idk if i posted this earlier but interesting article

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2002/ ... -bomb-its/

RealTalk

New

Post by RealTalk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 pm

mike7174 wrote: despite the fact that you're joking, the h-bomb REALLY does have that kind of power. its just great....idk if i posted this earlier but interesting article

another reason Harvard is superior to all

say the name and all the panies drop to the floor :mrgreen:

mike7174

New

Post by mike7174 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 pm

RealTalk wrote:
mike7174 wrote: despite the fact that you're joking, the h-bomb REALLY does have that kind of power. its just great....idk if i posted this earlier but interesting article

realtalk knows his stuff.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Mother of god. This thread is the TLS equivalent of Jersey Shore.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm

clintonius wrote:Mother of god. This thread is the TLS equivalent of Jersey Shore.
1000+ LMAO

djgoldbe

Bronze

Post by djgoldbe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 pm

my future plans are actually to lateral into hedge fund management or i-banking so i'm about impressing non-lawyers

I always wondered what kind of scummy morally-inept people ran our financial system into oblivion. Now things are becoming clearer. God have mercy on all of us.

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:39 pm

clintonius wrote:Mother of god. This thread is the TLS equivalent of Jersey Shore.
http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-26-jerse ... arvard-law

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

firebreathingliberal

Bronze

Post by firebreathingliberal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:51 am

sfdreaming09 wrote:
http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-26-jerse ... arvard-law
If this guy gets in to Harvard then I think your vaunted prestige may just fly out the window...

75% of this thread has been devoted to making panties fly around the room by dropping the H-bomb, so am I to understand this is the OP's rationale for choosing Harvard over Stanford even though he said he thinks the two are academically equal and he wants to practice in California? Just want to be clear on this...

On a side note.... I feel like everywhere I see PDaddy post D. H20man is not far behind throwing bows right into PDaddy's (supposedly) chiseled features.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 am

djgoldbe wrote:

I always wondered what kind of scummy morally-inept people ran our financial system into oblivion. Now things are becoming clearer. God have mercy on all of us.
+1. I wonder why RealTalk is even looking at law school in that case-an MBA will be a quicker and less expensive way into hedge funds. I doubt this person would last very long at a hedge fund or an iBank anyways.

jnorsky

Bronze

Post by jnorsky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm

RealTalk wrote:
Tofu wrote:

lol

don't care about other attorneys

I do not know why people are hating on you. I kind of feel bad for you. You obviously are not good looking or interesting enough to get girls, and you obviously are not smart enough to get involved in finance. But hey, you are good enough for Harvard so you are kinda legit, right?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:51 pm

RealTalk wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:To the OP: I find it bizarre you want to practice in the Bay area, incidentally, yet also spark this thread...

Many people don't realize that HLS is considered the so-called "degree mill" and I think on examination S and Y offer more pleasant experiences. Of course, yeah, I'd love to have gotten in myself :oops: and have a crack at H, but I don't get particularly "warm" feelings from the place.
who cares

I'd rather be miserable for 3 years at HLS and be able to live a lifetime off the prestige it carries that is unmatched by any other university in the world rather than be happy for 3 years at YLS or SLS and always be considered second rate to Harvard.

Having Harvard on your resume means that every person you EVER meet will be impressed by you. You can't say that about any other school.
With a personality like that, I think you may be better off letting your degree do the talking
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

clevinger33

Bronze

Post by clevinger33 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

RealTalk wrote:

who cares

Oxford? Cambridge?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 pm

RealTalk wrote:

I have to say, the Harvard 0L's on TLS are doing their best to fulfill all the stereotypes

I love it when people meet their stereotype :mrgreen:

thanks bro
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 pm

RealTalk wrote:

who cares

I wouldn't be impressed by you. Indeed, I'd leave you on the floor choking on broken pieces of teeth and the coppery aftertaste of your own blood if you ever introduced yourself to me as such.

tx1987

Bronze

Post by tx1987 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dutchstriker wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:There's about a 90 percent chance I'm going to turn down Harvard for a school not named Yale or Stanford. Sometimes it really comes down to what you want instead of what impresses other people.
What if what I want is to impress other people?
Then you tell them you turned down Harvard.
Haha! That is awesome! And, actually, that would impress me more.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Always Credited wrote: I wouldn't be impressed by you. Indeed, I'd leave you on the floor choking on broken pieces of teeth and the coppery aftertaste of your own blood if you ever introduced yourself to me as such.
I am much more likely to drop my panties to the guy who punches you because you are a worthless douche than you, a worthless douche who drops the H bomb. Just sayin'.

CrimsonCal

Bronze

Post by CrimsonCal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:12 pm

eh... these are the types of people I despised when I was at Harvard...lol

there are also people at the Harvard Extension School (where all you need is a checkbook
to take classes) who drop the H-bomb... that's probably the most pathetic thing I've
witnessed when I was in Cambridge

muahawhawhaw

New

Post by muahawhawhaw » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 pm

To use Gertrude Stein,

A troll is a troll is a troll.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:31 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:eh... these are the types of people I despised when I was at Harvard...lol

there are also people at the Harvard Extension School (where all you need is a checkbook
to take classes) who drop the H-bomb... that's probably the most pathetic thing I've
witnessed when I was in Cambridge
So, did you just drop the H-bomb? Twice?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”