Wake Forest or Ohio State?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
exitlane

Wake Forest or Ohio State?

Postby exitlane » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 pm

What would offer better job prospects and quality of life in the long run? I would like to add, I cant stand harsh weather, I am not a fan of big city living ( I currently live in and detest Los Angeles), and I would love to live in a quaint/rural backdrop environment?

Scholarship is non existent

kalvano

Re: Wake Forest or Ohio State?

Postby kalvano » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I don't know Ohio at all, but I loved Wake. Winston-Salem is small but very nice (coming from D/FW here), North Carolina is a beautiful state, but it is going to be a ton less people than California. I loved it, as did my wife. It was nice to not be crowded in on all sides by people everywhere you went. I don't want to say rural, because that connotes trashy West Texas to me, but it was definitely not built-up and overcrowded.

Also, Wake is a very good school. Ohio is ranked a little bit higher, but I think the difference is negligible. I don't know much about Ohio because I've no desire to live there.

TTH

Re: Wake Forest or Ohio State?

Postby TTH » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Columbus is one of the best cities in America to live in. There are lists on the internet that say so. I don't know what COA at Wake is, but if it's roughly equal, I imagine you'll enjoy Columbus much more than Winston-Salem. There's more to do, but Columbus still feels like a small midwestern town.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”