Fordham$$ v Georgetown Sticker v Cornell sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What should I choose?

Cornell
53%
Georgetown
22%
Fordham $$
25%

Total votes: 32

acdisagod

Fordham$$ v Georgetown Sticker v Cornell sticker

Postby acdisagod » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Seat deposits are due soon and I am having tough time making this decision.

Fordham is offering 10,000 a year plus i could live at home plus cheaper tuition than Cornell so it would be 20,000 a year less than Cornell and Georgetown
I probably don't want biglaw but want to keep my options open because I'm not sure.
I probably do want a government job such as department of justice in D.C. However, I like NY and could definitely see myself working here.
I want to stay near significant other who will be in upstate new york, shes 3 hours from Fordham/Cornell and 7 from Georgetown.
I loved my visit to Georgetown and the internship oppurtunities and large course offerings were incredible
I come from a small school and like the close knit feel at my school and would want that at Cornell.
I like small classes and don't mind the cold.
My parents have offered to pay for my first two years (though I plan to pay them back, I'm fortunate I won't have to pay interest)

So Princenton, Paradice, or the Caboose?

Edit for additional content

sophistry

Re: Fordham$$ v Georgetown Sticker v Cornell sticker

Postby sophistry » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:32 pm

I don't think you can lose if your choice is between Cornell and Fordham ($). I'd avoid Georgetown given your focus on NYC and the distance from your SO.

I'd personally go with Cornell over Fordham, if only because living with parents while in your 20's is silly.

acdisagod

Postby acdisagod » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 am

Yea, I'm leaning toward Cornell. Living at home would be kind of stupid. I got a lot of great friends on my block whichw ould be the only cool thing but living on campus at Cornell I feel would be a lot of fun. Thx for the input and to those who voted.

Ghost Writer

Postby Ghost Writer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:29 am

I’m facing a similar problem in which I would really like to stay close to my significant other. At this point we can’t underestimate the impact being so far away from that one person will have on your studying and daily habits. So I think you should go with Cornell.
Gl

Return to “Choosing a Law School”