BU - BC - GW - WUSTL Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
redsox123

New

BU - BC - GW - WUSTL

Post by redsox123 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:06 pm

I've been reading this board for awhile and have gotten some great advice on applying to law schools. I'm now trying to decide between 4 schools to attend next fall. The schools are:

BC
BU
GW
WUSTL

Just a few notes: I am from Boston and hope to practice big law in Boston. I've visited BC, BU, and GW and was impressed with both BC and BU. I was less impressed with GW. I do not have scholarships offers at any of the schools.

I'd greatly appreciate any insight / advice! Thanks.

Cupidity

Gold

Re: BU - BC - GW - WUSTL

Post by Cupidity » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Well let's begin with the obvious. If Boston is your ultimate goal, WUSTL and GW are automatically off the list. I visited BU for their admitted students day and had a phenomenal time. I will be attending BU. BC, from what I have heard was slightly less impressive--however, their NLJ placement is slightly higher.

redsox123

New

Re: BU - BC - GW - WUSTL

Post by redsox123 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Curious about what you were most impressed with with BU? I didn't attend the ASW (visited BU the day before, did the BC ASW) but I was really impressed with the faculty and the downtown location.

On another note, I've heard that BC tends to place a bit better in Boston and BU in NY / LA. I'm wondering (if you know) the veracity of this claim? I've mostly heard it from older BC alums and I'm wondering if their insight is a bit dated.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”