BU v. GW for IP law? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
name7850

New

BU v. GW for IP law?

Post by name7850 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:34 pm

i wanna stay on the east coast somewhere after graduating. Which one would be better?

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Re: BU v. GW for IP law?

Post by DanInALionsDen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:36 pm

GW. Even though specialty rankings are widely believed to be bullshit, GW places 3rd, behind only Stanford and Berkeley for IP Law.

Close thread.

tinman

Bronze

Re: BU v. GW for IP law?

Post by tinman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:GW. Even though specialty rankings are widely believed to be bullshit, GW places 3rd, behind only Stanford and Berkeley for IP Law.

Close thread.
I disagree. BU is 10th in IP and top 5 in Health Law. Especially if you are interested in health related IP, I think BI could be a better choice. Plus BU is a higher ranked school.

You say you want East Coast. If you want D.C. area, I think GW is a better choice. If you want Boston, I think BU is a better choice. If you want NYC, I think BU is a better choice (though this is a gut feeling).

For what it's worth, I'm at Yale (with no IP faculty) and I do not even think I will be able to take all the IP courses offered here. If you have a technical degree, you don't need to take seven IP course in order to get a good IP job. Two or three will be fine. You will find that at either school.

I only think GW is an obvious choice if you want to take more than 4 IP courses while in law school. Perhaps you do. But that seems crazy to me.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”