UPenn w/ $78k Scholly vs. Chicago at Sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Penn w/ $78k Scholly or Chicago at Sticker

Penn
85%
Chicago
15%

Total votes: 220

Fancy Pants

Re: UPenn w/ $78k Scholly vs. Chicago at Sticker

Postby Fancy Pants » Tue May 18, 2010 4:58 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:And what if god forbid in 2023 the OP decides to move on to biglaw/inhouse or worse, Chicago goes bankrupt like Boalt and decides to cancel IBR/LRAP or greatly reduce it? Or god forbid buys a house or something? Or god forbid, OP makes $500k in the stock market in 2023 and suddenly Chicago decides he can afford to repay the $200k?

I'm really confused about this? Are you really asking what happens if OP gets in the position of having an income that let's him pay off his loans more easily and implying that this would be a bad thing?

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:And what if god forbid in 2023 the OP decides to move on to biglaw/inhouse or worse, Chicago goes bankrupt like Boalt and decides to cancel IBR/LRAP or greatly reduce it? Or god forbid buys a house or something? Or god forbid, OP makes $500k in the stock market in 2023 and suddenly Chicago decides he can afford to repay the $200k?

I'm really confused about this? Are you really asking what happens if OP gets in the position of having an income that let's him pay off his loans more easily and implying that this would be a bad thing?

I assumed it was sarcasm when I got to the third "god forbid." If not, then I'm afraid the only thing god forbade was that post making any sense whatsoever.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 pm

rayiner wrote:IBR is federal and IBR for PI isn't going anywhere. And yes he could choose to go into private practice, but at biglaw salaries you can pay off the difference in probably a year and a half. It makes no sense to take the money unless you want to do small law.

I wouldn't count on anything other than death and taxes. Oh, and cash they're giving you right now.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”