abc

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mulberry.tree

abc

Postby mulberry.tree » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:41 pm

abc
Last edited by mulberry.tree on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

papercranes

Re: USC$$, UCLA$ , or Gtown:(

Postby papercranes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm

At this point I'd cut UCLA. USC is far cheaper for a very similar product. I'd take the money at SC over gtown and run but that may be just me

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:50 pm

[quote="mulberry.tree"]I am coming out of undergrad with no debt. I've already made the personal decision not to go to any lower ranked schools, even with substantial scholarship. I'm 90% sure I'd like to go into the private sector. Assuming you're still undecided where you'd like to practice and what you'd like to practice, which would you choose?

1. USC with 22K scholarship (guaranteed per yr)
Tuition and Fees - $46,264 -> $24,264

2. UCLA in-state with about 8K grant for 1st yr (not guaranteed for 2nd and 3rd yrs)
Tuition and Fees - $40,634 -> $32,000

3. Georgetown at sticker price
Tuition and Fees - $43,750

(At this point I'm still Waitlisted/Held/Pending at the rest of the T-14 excluding HYS)

If you want the West Coast or are indifferent, then USC. If you want the East Coast, Georgetown.

mulberry.tree

abc

Postby mulberry.tree » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:48 pm

abc
Last edited by mulberry.tree on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:42 pm

mulberry.tree wrote:Hmm... Well thanks everybody for the advice. Unfortunately, it's still a total toss-up according to the poll.

Is there any merit to the argument that it's easier to go away for law school and come back to practice in your home state than it is to go to law school in your home state and then try to practice in another region???

This would just be another factor for me since I'm still so undecided about what I want after law school. Thanks again!

If you want to practice in Southern California, go to UCLA or USC. If you want to practice somewhere else, go to Georgetown.

If you want to be in Southern California/California, then go to USC. The placement data between UCLA and USC doesn't seem different enough to make a difference, especially when the scholarships are so substantially different.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”