Poll: BU ($) vs. WUSTL ($$) vs. CU ($) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

BU ($) vs. WUSTL ($$) vs. CU ($)

BU ($45,000)
25%
WUSTL ($63,000)
65%
CU ($7,000 and in-state tuition)
10%

Total votes: 20

ccourt14

New

Poll: BU ($) vs. WUSTL ($$) vs. CU ($)

Post by ccourt14 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Ok, so I am having a really tough time deciding between these schools. Please take the poll or feel free to give insight into my situation.

Here are my thoughts on each:
BU- Big city that I have always heard good things about from multiple people, probably the most diverse student body out of the three, high cost-of-living, family in NY and NJ, national reach (not sure if it is the most out of the 3), public transportation is available and I would prefer that to a car, nationally ranked faculty
WUSTL- Another big city that I have heard good things about, my best friend is living there currently and will be there for one more year so I will get to see her, I have relatives in Chicago, St Louis, and Kansas City, closer to CO (where my boyfriend and family live), national reach, highest ranked out of the 3
CU- will have least amount of debt because I will receive in-state-tuition, can already develop a legal network where I am likely to practice, has no national reach though if I need to move

Side note: I am from Colorado and have lived here my whole life. During undergrand I spent time in upstate NY then transferred to NC. As far as law school, I always planned to go to a big city because I want to focus on entertainment law. I am honestly not sure which of these schools is best for that path. Also, I plan to move back and raise my family in Colorado, so I need national reach, but then again I could always end up living outside Colorado if my career calls for it. Lastly, debt is not really a deciding factor for me.

Ferociousaurus

New

Re: Poll: BU ($) vs. WUSTL ($$) vs. CU ($)

Post by Ferociousaurus » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:29 pm

The way I understand it, you'll have a hell of a time getting a job in Colorado if you go to BU. It'll be less tough but still a little thorny from WUSTL--but WUSTL is awesome. So it St. Louis. Then again, I visited CU once upon a time and it's pretty stellar too. If you want to work in Colorado then CU is probably your best choice, but WUSTL isn't an awful choice.

ccourt14

New

Re: Poll: BU ($) vs. WUSTL ($$) vs. CU ($)

Post by ccourt14 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Is the main reason you are voting for WUSTL because of the money or is there something else? Also, does anyone know how either school is in terms of entertainment law?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”