Tulane vs. Pepperdine

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cp19

Tulane vs. Pepperdine

Postby cp19 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi all-

I'm trying to choose between Tulane with $15K per year if I maintain a 3.0 or higher and Pepperdine with no scholarship money. I think I want to practice in CA and my fiancée will be in CA next year, meaning I'll be visiting him during the school year. Is it worth paying full price for Pepperdine? I've also heard that Tulane is pretty well represented in CA.

Thanks!

arhmcpo

Re: Tulane vs. Pepperdine

Postby arhmcpo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:53 pm

I know very little about Tulane, but I would suggest negotiating w/ Pepperdine for money using Tulane is leverage; cuz that might make your decision easier. I don't know what the curve is at Tulane but a 3.0 sounds like a top 1/3 requirement which on this board scares people shitless. I also heard on this board in the Pepperdine thread that they begins considering scholly negotiation offers on May 1st.

I think Tulane has a great reputation in its region but I've never heard that it was "well represented" in California. There's already a ton of good law schools and too many law school grads in CA, so I find it hard to believe that Tulane fills some kind of niche. Just my $0.02

cp19

Re: Tulane vs. Pepperdine

Postby cp19 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:04 pm

arhmcpo wrote:I know very little about Tulane, but I would suggest negotiating w/ Pepperdine for money using Tulane is leverage; cuz that might make your decision easier. I don't know what the curve is at Tulane but a 3.0 sounds like a top 1/3 requirement which on this board scares people shitless. I also heard on this board in the Pepperdine thread that they begins considering scholly negotiation offers on May 1st.

I think Tulane has a great reputation in its region but I've never heard that it was "well represented" in California. There's already a ton of good law schools and too many lawl skool grads in CA, so I find it hard to believe that Tulane fills some kind of niche. Just my $0.02

Thanks for your response. At ASD they said that a 3.0 was the median of the class so it looks like its basically staying in the top 50% of the class to keep the scholarship.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”