Best school for job prospects??? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mnolen

Bronze

Re: Best school for job prospects???

Post by mnolen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 am

swheat wrote:
mnolen wrote:

fwiw, I'm also a 1L at Hastings and everyone I know has a summer job. *shrug* Only one got his job through a "connection." I think it's a big exaggeration to suggest that "most" people are without jobs.
I must be in the slacker section then. That's good to hear that other people are having success. What search methods are you using? I have applied to every opening on Simplicity for 1Ls since about mid-February and only gotten one interview. I've also cold emailed a shit ton of firms offering to work for free.

What kind of jobs are you guys getting? Even the people I've talked to who are looking for public interest haven't had much luck.
Most people I know have court externships, and a couple are working as RAs. I think most people just sent application packets cold to the court. Sorry I can't be of more help!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:25 am

mnolen wrote:
swheat wrote:
mnolen wrote:

fwiw, I'm also a 1L at Hastings and everyone I know has a summer job. *shrug* Only one got his job through a "connection." I think it's a big exaggeration to suggest that "most" people are without jobs.
I must be in the slacker section then. That's good to hear that other people are having success. What search methods are you using? I have applied to every opening on Simplicity for 1Ls since about mid-February and only gotten one interview. I've also cold emailed a shit ton of firms offering to work for free.

What kind of jobs are you guys getting? Even the people I've talked to who are looking for public interest haven't had much luck.
Most people I know have court externships, and a couple are working as RAs. I think most people just sent application packets cold to the court. Sorry I can't be of more help!
I should have done that...I had this crazy idea that I needed to be paid for the summer, so I spent the first several month of this semester looking for paid work. Big mistake :| Firms just don't seem to be hiring 1L's this year, even for free.

I'm going to apply for those 2 RA positions they posted the other day. Honestly that's what I should have been doing all along if I wanted to get paid.

BoomBoom1986

Bronze

Post by BoomBoom1986 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:01 am

bump

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”