Help Wanted

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which should I pick?

Northeastern $8,500 per year
80%
New England Law Full Ride
20%

Total votes: 15

alisyn313

Help Wanted

Postby alisyn313 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Ok, I live in Boston and I have been accepted to about 9 schools so far but at the moment I have it down to Northeastern (I already made the $500 deposit, well my mother did) and New England Law. I know New England is not ranked as the greatest but they gave me a scholarship for full tuition as long as I maintain a 2.5 GPA which I'm sure I won't have any problem maintaining. Northeastern only gave me $8,500 a year but I am hoping for need based grants once I get my financial aid award letter.

Well, I don't know what to do because no debt is very appealing but I love the program at Northeastern.

Please tell me what you think of all of this. Thanks so much! :?

alisyn313

Re: Help Wanted

Postby alisyn313 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Please post your reasons why...thanks!

singingvontrapp

Postby singingvontrapp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Job with big debt > No job with low debt

So I would find out if graduates of New England Law get jobs as lawyers and if these jobs are better than the ones you would've gotten without a JD.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:40 pm

No job with small debt>>>>>No job with large debt. Take the Full ride.

singingvontrapp

Postby singingvontrapp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:No job with small debt>>>>>No job with large debt. Take the Full ride.

If she's making her decision based on not having a job at all, then why would she take on any debt and also pass on three years of earnings and career advancement?

alisyn313

Postby alisyn313 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 pm

singingvontrapp wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:No job with small debt>>>>>No job with large debt. Take the Full ride.

If she's making her decision based on not having a job at all, then why would she take on any debt and also pass on three years of earnings and career advancement?

Thank you :wink: ! I plan to go into health law. My mother is a doctor and I know a lot of people in the industry. So I don't "plan" to be w/o a job.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Go with North Eastern. 8.5k a year is a very small amount. Thats 25.5k total (not including COL).

Thats less than or equal to what many people pay for one year.

So that really isn't that bad of debt, and I think that North Eastern is a pretty good law school for its rank.

If I were you I would DEFINITLY go with North Eastern, as they are the superior law school. (prob why they are getting a lot of votes-better law school, pretty cheap price tag, and you like it).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”