Temple v Marquette

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School?

Temple
67%
Marquette
33%

Total votes: 6

gvaugn12

Temple v Marquette

Postby gvaugn12 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:45 pm

I need some help deciding between these schools! I understand that they are both generally regional schools, and I would prefer to work in the midwest, but it's not a deal breaker.
Here's my situation:
Temple: Full-ride out of state/yr scholly (tuition: ~28k/yr; my out of pocket expense including COL: 20k/yr)
Marquette: 24k/yr scholly (tuition: ~32k/yr; my out of pocket expense including COL: 27k/yr)

I am interested in international law, which I think bodes well for Temple (15th ranked IL program, not to mention the full-ride), but I would prefer to work in the midwest (and Marquette just built a brand new 85million dollar building).

What do you guys think about both schools and my particular situation?

gvaugn12

Re: Temple v Marquette

Postby gvaugn12 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm

bump ??

webbylu87

Re: Temple v Marquette

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

This is a hard call for me. If you're interested in international law it is one of Temple's strong suits. Bear in mind though that the number of careers in international law is very limited and are often very hard to get especially from a school ranked outside the T20. International law is a field with very little definition and standards so you are by no means guaranteed a job in this field even if you specialize your studies to gear up for one. However, I guess this probably depends a lot on whether or not you're interested in international business, human rights, etc, etc... Also, I wouldn't go to Temple unless you visited the school. I've heard some negative things about the surrounding area. However, if you really would like to stay in the Milwaukee/Wisconsin, Marquette is a no brainer.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”