U of Iowa vs U of Florida

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What school would you choose, U of Iowa vs U of Florida

U of Iowa
31%
U of Florida
69%

Total votes: 13

xeckosk8trx

U of Iowa vs U of Florida

Postby xeckosk8trx » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey Everyone. I'm having a tough time deciding where to attend Law School. I was accepted to the University of Iowa (ranked 26) as well as the University of Florida Levin College of Law (ranked 51). I want to practice in a major city i.e. Miami, DC, Chicago, NY, ATL, or any other major city in the US. Neither school offered any Scholly.

I know that both schools are considered regional, but does anyone know who places better overall at Major Law Firms? How important are law school rankings in making a decision to attend a certain law school?

darknightbegins

Re: U of Iowa vs U of Florida

Postby darknightbegins » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Go to Florida. I got waitlisted at Iowa (didn't apply to Florida) but I have sence withdrawn from that. Personally I would have a tough time living in Iowa. It can place well in the midwest, maybe it helps you in large midwest areas like Columbus and Detroit but do you really want to live there? Besides those areas also have major schools that Iowa competes with. Florida competes with The U for Miami mostly. Enjoy the fun in the sun.

cao0008

Re: U of Iowa vs U of Florida

Postby cao0008 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm

I have lived in both cities and I would prefer UF also because of the weather and the diversity. Are you paying out of state for both schools? I think that if neither gave you a scholarship and both are around the same price, you should choose the one that best suits you in terms of atmosphere and resources. I also think that if you want to work in Miami, UF would be better. Also, I doubt there are many major markets close to Iowa besides maybe Chicago, but I also think Chicago has enough schools of its own. On the other hand, I know a few lawyers from Iowa that practice in Florida, but I'm sure it is harder for them to find a job in Florida.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”