Why does everyone on TLS hate on Georgetown?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BarbellDreams

Why does everyone on TLS hate on Georgetown?

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 am

I am just curious, there seem to be a lot of off hand remarks being made about G-Town in general on this board anytime it is mentioned. WHat is generally considered to be the problem with this school?

Sauer Grapes

Re: Why does everyone on TLS hate on Georgetown?

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I am just curious, there seem to be a lot of off hand remarks being made about G-Town in general on this board anytime it is mentioned. WHat is generally considered to be the problem with this school?

I think it is mostly joking about GeorgeTTTown being last in the top14 for the past decade, and due to the fact that they have a huge class size (diploma mill). I don't think anyone would argue that they aren't a good school.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 am

--ImageRemoved--

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I am just curious, there seem to be a lot of off hand remarks being made about G-Town in general on this board anytime it is mentioned. WHat is generally considered to be the problem with this school?

I think it is mostly joking about GeorgeTTTown being last in the top14 for the past decade, and due to the fact that they have a huge class size (diploma mill). I don't think anyone would argue that they aren't a good school.

Pretty much this. A certain breed of TLSer enjoys hating on HLS because it isn't Yale. Those people are properly placed on ignore.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”