Brooklyn $$ vs American

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jchouu

Brooklyn $$ vs American

Postby Jchouu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 am

I sent my applications in pretty much at the deadline and am still waiting on hastings/davis/cardozo. Assuming I get none of them, I would prefer to end up in california but if the opportunities are better on the east coast, I won't mind moving to nyc, or DC. My preference for location is: CA Bay area>NYC>DC.

I have Brooklyn with 24,300/year (grade requirements), or American at sticker. I will probably not have any debt afterward no matter what school i go to but would prefer to save my parents some cash. Of these two schools, which of these has a better career opportunities and quality of life? I'm not sure what kind of law I want to practice yet, but the more opportunities there are, the better. I'm leaning toward either business or criminal law.

Any legitimate input would be great, especially if you go to either school or have friends who do. thanks

For any who are interested, my #'s are 3.37/163 (how are my chances at the other 3?)

exitlane

Re: Brooklyn $$ vs American

Postby exitlane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:01 am

brooklyn hands down

bernie shmegma

Re: Brooklyn $$ vs American

Postby bernie shmegma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:35 am

Jchouu wrote:I sent my applications in pretty much at the deadline and am still waiting on hastings/davis/cardozo. Assuming I get none of them, I would prefer to end up in california but if the opportunities are better on the east coast, I won't mind moving to nyc, or DC. My preference for location is: CA Bay area>NYC>DC.

I have Brooklyn with 24,300/year (grade requirements), or American at sticker. I will probably not have any debt afterward no matter what school i go to but would prefer to save my parents some cash. Of these two schools, which of these has a better career opportunities and quality of life? I'm not sure what kind of law I want to practice yet, but the more opportunities there are, the better. I'm leaning toward either business or criminal law.

Any legitimate input would be great, especially if you go to either school or have friends who do. thanks

For any who are interested, my #'s are 3.37/163 (how are my chances at the other 3?)

American is pretty focused on international law. I wouldn't say its become only that, but certainly heard its close. If you only care about where you will be after school and that place is going to be in NY anyway, NO point going to American. You want political experience of DC and a nice area, actually VERY NICE area to live in for 3 year, go to AU, but you're going to rack up your parents for a lot of dough. COL high in Bklyn and that part of DC. Both Great schools. In terms of enriching experience AU is probably the way to go. BLS practical clinical approaches, but AU has an edge on enriching education AND top clinical programs. There is something to be said for going to school in DC. If you visit both schools and spend a weekend at each, you will know that you're definitely saving your parents money and sacrificing a good opportunity to do so by choosing BLS. AU if you want to spoil yourself for 3 years, not that BLS and BKLN heights is Shabby at all, but that's how nice you'd be living in DC and with no debt (selfish, but think about it)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”