WUSTL at almost sticker? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
carboy79

New

WUSTL at almost sticker?

Post by carboy79 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 am

So it looks like I'll most likely be heading to Wustl. I was offered 10k/year scholarship, so I still gotta pay around 30k a year, plus COL. My next best option is going to a T4 school for much less. Everyone on here talks about how bad it is to pay a lot for law school, and how you should do everything to avoid debt. Basically I'm wondering if WUSTL is worth it when ill be graduating with 100-150k in debt? Any thoughts?

tomballard

New

Re: WUSTL at almost sticker?

Post by tomballard » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 am

I'm facing the same price at WUSTL, and signing for a loan that big just feels wrong. Still, I'm going to do it. I don't know which tier 4 you're looking at, but chances are the starting salary is going to be far less and you'll be much less mobile after graduation. WUSTL places fairly well in BigLaw, so if you're ambitious the choice should be clear.

Ferociousaurus

New

Post by Ferociousaurus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:09 am

I would be terrified to go into that much debt. I am hoping to get at least 30k from WUSTL to even consider it. I have outstanding offers from other peer schools, but even if I didn't, I would take money from a local T3 or T4 before paying sticker anywhere but the very top. That is so much damned money.

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

The new IBR Program, officially signed into law yesterday, actually, will make it a lot easier to handle...

Check it out here:

http://www.ibrinfo.org/what.vp.html

ceceloves

New

Post by ceceloves » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm in the same boat: 10k year for WUSTL, but I think I'm gonna take it anyway. It's no small commitment (150k), and one should always plan for the worst while working towards the best, but I see WUSTL as an opportunity to that I'm not going to miss out on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”