I can't decide! Please Help! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school should I attend??

Emory (w/18k)
73%
Seton Hall (w/ 35k)
No votes
Rutgers-N (w/10K)
20%
St. Johns (full tuition)
7%

Total votes: 15

rahrahohlala

New

I can't decide! Please Help!

Post by rahrahohlala » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm having a really difficult time deciding and would love to hear any input.
About me: Would like to stay in the northeast, but would I be completely crazy to give up Emory for any of the other schools?? It's the best school I applied to and I wasn't expecting them to give me money. I have an interest in business law, however, have not decided on that. I've visited Rutgers, St Johns, and SHU and definitely liked Rutgers the best. I'm visiting Emory next week for their ASW so not sure how I would like it at this point.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

g73331

New

Re: I can't decide! Please Help!

Post by g73331 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Emory with 18K yr. is a major accomplishment, and I wouldn't sacrifice it. The N.E schools are pretty good, and they are relative to the N.Y market; however, don't forget about all of the other T14, T 20, and T50 schools and students that are competing for jobs in the same area. Already, they will have an instant advantage over you simply because of the reputation of their respective schools and their alumni network. Conversely, you can add weight to your RTG or SH resume by placing in the top 5-7% of your class, but the stakes would be considerably less at EM.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”