Help fellow TLSers!!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
justski

Help fellow TLSers!!!

Postby justski » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:39 am

Ok so I need to send a seat deposit out in the morning and I am wondering if you can help. I live in Utah and am planning on working eventually in Utah. I still have not heard from the U of U so I am in need of sending off money to other schools in the chance I don't get in in state. Here is the list of my other options I have right now.

43-U of Arizona - tuition 35,800 - sholar 8,000
55-Arizona state - tuition - 32,600 - scholar 10,000 but only first year
75-UNLV - tuition - 33,400 - scholar 22,000
77-U or Denver - 35,500 - scholar 22,000

So there are two questions in mind I guess. Is the U of A a better enough school than UNLV or Denver to drop the more money necessary to go there? I have heard that rankings don't matter that much if it is not the top 10 or so. My debt will obviously be more going to U of A, so is it worth it?

My UNLV deposit is due on the 1st so I need to send that off tomorrow and I have a week or so to think on the others. The deposit to UNLV is $500. Should I send it?

If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks. All opinions welcome.

TTTennis

Re: Help fellow TLSers!!!

Postby TTTennis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 am

justski wrote:Ok so I need to send a seat deposit out in the morning and I am wondering if you can help. I live in Utah and am planning on working eventually in Utah. I still have not heard from the U of U so I am in need of sending off money to other schools in the chance I don't get in in state. Here is the list of my other options I have right now.

43-U of Arizona - tuition 35,800 - sholar 8,000
55-Arizona state - tuition - 32,600 - scholar 10,000 but only first year
75-UNLV - tuition - 33,400 - scholar 22,000
77-U or Denver - 35,500 - scholar 22,000

So there are two questions in mind I guess. Is the U of A a better enough school than UNLV or Denver to drop the more money necessary to go there? I have heard that rankings don't matter that much if it is not the top 10 or so. My debt will obviously be more going to U of A, so is it worth it?

My UNLV deposit is due on the 1st so I need to send that off tomorrow and I have a week or so to think on the others. The deposit to UNLV is $500. Should I send it?

If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks. All opinions welcome.

I would go wherever it is cheapest (i.e. UNLV or Denver). None of those degrees have much portability, which is true for most schools outside the top-14, and none of them are in the state that you eventually want to practice in. Personally, I would choose Denver. It is in the same region as Utah and it is an awesome city, so if you couldn't make the move to Utah right away, you would still be located in a great place.

Edit: No, the better ranking of Arizona does not justify the extra debt, unless you REALLY want to practice in Arizona. If you really like Las Vegas, then yes, you should send in the seat deposit. If you are indifferent, I wouldn't.
Last edited by TTTennis on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

justski

Postby justski » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 am

Thanks

Anyone else have a thought?

justski

Postby justski » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am

anyone want to chime in on this this morning? Money needs to go to UNLV today.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”