USC $$ vs Emory$$ vs Fordham $ vs UT (Instate) Where?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
laura121087

USC $$ vs Emory$$ vs Fordham $ vs UT (Instate) Where?

Postby laura121087 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:12 pm

I want to practice in NYC Big Law or Mid-Size corporate law after I graduate. I'm also very interested, as of right now, in entertainment law, which is why I want to work in corporate law first because it provides a good base. Considering they are all ranked similarly except Fordham which is in NYC where do you think will get me the best options for jobs?
BTW I know that ultimately how you do in law school will make the biggest difference, but everything else equal whats the best choice?

de5igual

Re: USC $$ vs Emory$$ vs Fordham $ vs UT (Instate) Where?

Postby de5igual » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm

laura121087 wrote:I want to practice in NYC Big Law or Mid-Size corporate law after I graduate. I'm also very interested, as of right now, in entertainment law, which is why I want to work in corporate law first because it provides a good base. Considering they are all ranked similarly except Fordham which is in NYC where do you think will get me the best options for jobs?
BTW I know that ultimately how you do in law school will make the biggest difference, but everything else equal whats the best choice?

UT instate tuition is probably a better choice everything else being equal. However, if you're dead set on NYC, Fordham might make sense. Keep in mind, though, that to get biglaw in NYC, you'd need to get good grades at any of these schools, and top 1/3 at UT is more marketable than top 1/3 at Fordham.

laura121087

Postby laura121087 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Bump

singingvontrapp

Postby singingvontrapp » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Go to USC and practice in SoCal. It's really nice out here.

Jchouu

Postby Jchouu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 am

Depending on how serious you are about entertainment, you should go to USC, I don't know much about choosing law schools, but I feel like you should narrow your choice down to USC vs Fordham. I think it really boils down to entertainment vs NYC big law.

You should check with the USC career center and ask how many biglaw firms recruit from NYC

Return to “Choosing a Law School”