Notre Dame - 30k/yr scholly vs. Vandy - 20k/yr scholly

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Is Vanderbilt worth paying 60k more over three years than Notre Dame - Interantional Law

Poll ended at Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:37 am

Vanderbilt
73%
Notre Dame
27%

Total votes: 15

Bobushka22

Notre Dame - 30k/yr scholly vs. Vandy - 20k/yr scholly

Postby Bobushka22 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 am

Variables:
- I want to study International Law
- Have family in Chicago (South Bend = 1 hour from Chitown)
- Then again, it is not like I will have a lot of time to spend with family in Chitown while going to law school and Notre Dame having trouble in Chicago ITE
- Vandy Costs 10k/yr more
- Vandy is likely the better school, especially for international law placement with Professor Newton
- Notre Dame does have the London program and I am an avid Notre Dame fan (yes, this most definitely defies logic)
- I am able to get the loans to fund everything, but I am a little bit debt adverse because I am just the type of idealistic person to take a position for less money if it serves a good cause (hey, no comments on this).

Please note that I have made a similar posting, but I wanted to update some of the variables. As far as career goals, I would like the idea of working abroad through the government or in one of the major east coast cities... still, I am more flexible in my choice of where to live than I think most. Thanks for your help.

More than anything... is a Vanderbilt degree, in and of itself, worth 60k more than a Notre Dame degree?

Bobushka22

Re: Notre Dame - 30k/yr scholly vs. Vandy - 20k/yr scholly

Postby Bobushka22 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am

oh wow... I made a typo... "international" not "interantional" :lol:

Grizz

Re: Notre Dame - 30k/yr scholly vs. Vandy - 20k/yr scholly

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:22 am

Intl. law is exceedingly tough to get a job in, and there probably aren't enough for even all of the T6 people who want them. Vandy seems to do a decent job with placing people in intl. law jobs. I'd fork over the extra money and go to Vandy. If you don't get a job in intl. law (and there is a very good chance you won't), Vandy will give you better job prospects overall. I'm also pretty debt-conscious, but I'd go to Vandy.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”