(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

na

81%
19%

Total votes: 16

PitchO20

Postby PitchO20 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Last edited by PitchO20 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

istorm88

Re: Syracuse /w $$$ v Seton Hall at sticker?

Postby istorm88 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 pm

PitchO20 wrote:At this point, I'm interested in criminal law (working as an ADA), and big law isn't the biggest concern to me.

If being an ADA is something you would like to do for 10 years, then you could have your loans forgiven which would make the argument more about career prospects than scholarship $$$.

EDIT: your GOVERNMENT loans forgiven...not your private, but government loans should be able to cover all of it.

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:54 pm

I'd take the money and go to SU.

Remember: don't rely on your ability to transfer. Even though you will have better stats than the majority of your classmates at, say, SU, getting the grades necessary to transfer up is still very difficult to do. Make sure you will be happy spending 3 years at whichever school you choose.

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm

sanpiero wrote:I'd take the money and go to SU.

Remember: don't rely on your ability to transfer. Even though you will have better stats than the majority of your classmates at, say, SU, getting the grades necessary to transfer up is still very difficult to do. Make sure you will be happy spending 3 years at whichever school you choose.

I second this. Most people would like to transfer to wherever's above them. Moreover, let's remember the difference between you and your (potential) fellow classmates, a few questions on the LSAT and a marginal difference in GPA between two completely unrelated institutions. Everyone is smart and motivated in law school...

Additionally, the CoL in Syracuse is less than North jersey, so that 20k is actually more in total COA

Return to “Choosing a Law School”