LSU vs. Villanova - Help! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
woody_10

New

LSU vs. Villanova - Help!

Post by woody_10 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 pm

So here's the best offers I've received so far:

- Villanova w/ $15k/yr

- LSU w/ a full tuition

Both scholarships only require to remain in good standing. I grew up in Houston, and would love to go back after I graduate but it's not a make or break factor. I don't have strong ties to either area. Leaning towards private practice after graduation right now.

darknightbegins

Silver

Re: LSU vs. Villanova - Help!

Post by darknightbegins » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:25 pm

How does Nova place in Texas? The difference in ranking, Nova in the 60s nad LSU in the 70s, isn't enough to justify going to Nova based on that. If Texas is where you want to practice then LSU might be a better choice, you get to come out with no debt and LSU places some in Texas. I have no idea how Nova does in Texas.

soundgardener

New

Post by soundgardener » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:45 am

I don't really know anything about Nova, but I know that LSU grads get jobs in Houston. There is also a large alumni presence (the whole school not just law) in Houston. In fact, Houston probably has the most alums anywhere outside of Louisiana. I'd be wary of taking on heavy debt for Nova. It seems like one of those schools that is not that strong and feeds into overcrowded markets. LSU is strong in the region you want to be in, and you can go there for free.

wonderwall

New

Post by wonderwall » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 am

I would choose LSU. Nova is expensive even with the scholarship, and it feeds into the NYC and Philly markets, which are overcrowded with law school graduates from higher ranked law schools. LSU graduates dominate the state of LA since only ~30% of Tulane graduates stay in LA after graduation, and the LSU alumni network is extremely strong. I've also heard the top LSU graduates can gain entry into the Texas markets.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 pm

LSU, easily.

Besides the obvious full ride, LSU at least gives you a shot at Houston whereas Nova probably gives you little to none. Worse comes to worst, you practice in Baton Rouge or NOLA and you are still only a short ride from your hometown.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Bourbon Street!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”