Notre Dame, GW, WashU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which gives you the widest career options?

Notre Dame
12
32%
GW
10
26%
WashU
16
42%
 
Total votes: 38

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby ArtVandelay » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Which gives you the widest career options?

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby ArtVandelay » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Could you also explain your pick?

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby KMaine » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Most people say ND because of its alumni network. But this is only heresay coming from me. All schools really seem about the same in terms of prestige. The ususal response is that WUSTL and GW are more tied to their geographic regions.

cheesus
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby cheesus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:22 pm

KMaine wrote:Most people say ND because of its alumni network. But this is only heresay coming from me. All schools really seem about the same in terms of prestige. The ususal response is that WUSTL and GW are more tied to their geographic regions.


+1

Emboss
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby Emboss » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:26 am

Wustl's career placement data is on its CSO webpage. 24% or so St. Louis, 20% Chicago, 16% NYC area, then DC, and then the rest all over. It's national for sure.

65% of GW students stay in DC.

I don't know anything about Notre Dame.

User avatar
donnamartin
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby donnamartin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:29 am

I am coming back from WUSTL's Admitted Student Weekend. I am now seriously considering turning UVA down for WUSTL, so my advice to you would be clear.

notme
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby notme » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Having been accepted to both and visited and considered both last year, I don't understand anyone chosing WUSTL over ND. And I got offered a lot more money from WUSTL. Reputation, portability, facilities, atmosphere - WUSTL was nice, but it wasn't close. Maybe its because I grew up in CA and WUSTL is an unknown there.

Emboss
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Notre Dame, GW, WashU

Postby Emboss » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Wash U's new 2009 career statistics (although they are still developing) are starting to come in now.

As of 2009, Wash U no longer places a majority of its graduates in the Midwest. Only 42% of the class of 2009 placed in the Midwest, and the remaining 58% went all over. Also, the new incredible CSO dean, Spivey, got 51 NEW employers, including the CIA (which traditionally only hire at the top 10 schools) and Cravath, Sullivan & Cromwell. All of this is especially significant given the state of the economy and given that self-selection accounts for at least some of the 42% that remain in the Midwest. Wash U is definitely a national school now.

Highest: $170,000
75th%: $160,000
Median Private: I believe it was $152,000?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests