Where do I go? Please help!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I deposit, aside from WUSTL?

Emory - $20k/year
25%
Minnesota - $20k/year
17%
Illinois - $20k/year
25%
Boston U - nothing yet
17%
Fordham - nothing yet
8%
Washington and Lee - $24k/year
8%
Georgia - in state tuition
No votes

Total votes: 12

cendien

Where do I go? Please help!

Postby cendien » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Sorry to initiate another of these threads, but I'd love some informed input on my impending decision. Here's a rundown of my situation:

Of my choices, I think I'd most prefer WUSTL or BU. Unfortunately, neither has offered much in the way of scholarship ($5,000/year at WUSTL, waiting on BU). That said, I'm attempting to negotiate at each, and WUSTL is going to get back to me with a final offer after their first deposit deadline - so I will be depositing there before April 1 in hopes of a higher offer.

I'm not particularly attached to any part of the country, but I'd like to live somewhere where fun activities are an opition (Lexington, VA kinda scares me in this regard).

I may visit some of these schools, but money and time are both things I'm trying to balance right now.

I'm on the waitlists at Texas and BC, and I'm waiting on decisions from UCLA, USC, Notre Dame, Cornell and Vandy. Of those, ND is the most likely additional option, but they are taking their dear time with my application.

Given this, where do you guys think I should go? I'd like more portability with the degree, but I realize these are all somewhat regionally based schools. I'll try to answer any specific questions anyone has. Thanks for the help!

cendien

Re: Where do I go? Please help!

Postby cendien » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 am

Anyone care to offer reasons why?

Also, bump.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”