Where should I go???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I choose

Temple (full scholarship)
44%
USC (sticker)
28%
Illinois (30k per year)
28%

Total votes: 18

shavisimo2

Where should I go???

Postby shavisimo2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:00 pm

I want to work in sports law in Philly eventually. Temple offered a full scholly, USC has not offered money although I'm going to ask, and Illinois offered 30k per year.

I know the sports law stipulation makes it different as it's more about who you know, but I have no connections. I also have no money so it all would have to be paid for entirely by student loans.

blurbz

Re: Where should I go???

Postby blurbz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:07 pm

I think Illinois is definitely the best option. I know you want Philly, but I think the substantive differences in the schools should outweigh the location: I'd be wiling to bet that Illinois can get you back to Philly, if not immediately then eventually, with a little extra legwork on your part. Additionally, if you decide that sports in Philly is not what you want to do, the greater prestige of Illinois would become even more valuable. Additionally, I know Illinois has an active sports/entertainment law student group and multiple related classes. On their website, they highlight an alum in the field, too, if you've checked it out.

I know that the prevailing wisdom on TLS is to go to a school where you want to work, but I think the other, and arguably more important, factors should tip the scales in favor of Illinois.

For the sake of full disclosure, I have recently decided to attend Illinois!

Good luck!

GermX

Re: Where should I go???

Postby GermX » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I don't want you to go to USC because I want to go there. Withdraw!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”