Help me choose!!!! Arizona v. Arizona State

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Arizona ($$) v. Arizona State ($)

Arizona ($$)
80%
Arizona State ($)
20%

Total votes: 55

darknightbegins

Re: Help me choose!!!! Arizona v. Arizona State

Postby darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
cLams wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:Chicks at ASU are hotter. Other than that I doubt there is any real difference. Go to which ever one saves you the most money.

Haha, thankfully I don't like chicks! I can attest for the attractive girls at ASU though. It's insane.

I gotta jump in on this. U of A chicks are just as hot, and are more likely to be interested in a law student. ASU chicks like dudes with barbed wire tattoos. Wildcats are just a tad brighter, and a tad less shallow.

U of A chicks are not just as hot, sorry man.

http://www.popcrunch.com/hottest-studen ... ooks-1-10/

ASU for the win.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
cLams wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:Chicks at ASU are hotter. Other than that I doubt there is any real difference. Go to which ever one saves you the most money.

Haha, thankfully I don't like chicks! I can attest for the attractive girls at ASU though. It's insane.

I gotta jump in on this. U of A chicks are just as hot, and are more likely to be interested in a law student. ASU chicks like dudes with barbed wire tattoos. Wildcats are just a tad brighter, and a tad less shallow.

U of A chicks are not just as hot, sorry man.

http://www.popcrunch.com/hottest-studen ... ooks-1-10/

ASU for the win.

Read the comments on that board. That list is anything but exhaustive. Everyone knows the ASU was #1 on Playboy's top ten list or whatever, so that's just a tip of the hat to the original ranking. But U of A is consistently ranked in lists like that, and I'm not positive but I think on that Playboy list as well. Plus, they're (slightly) more wholesome and intelligent. I'm just saying...good luck picking up an ASU sorority chick as a boring law student...ain't gonna happen.

There are plenty of ridiculous 10s at U of A, and they are equally lightly clothed for the Arizona heat, and they are much more likely to be thinking about their future and snag themselves a lawyer.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:Read the comments on that board. That list is anything but exhaustive. Everyone knows the ASU was #1 on Playboy's top ten list or whatever, so that's just a tip of the hat to the original ranking. But U of A is consistently ranked in lists like that, and I'm not positive but I think on that Playboy list as well. Plus, they're (slightly) more wholesome and intelligent. I'm just saying...good luck picking up an ASU sorority chick as a boring law student...ain't gonna happen.

There are plenty of ridiculous 10s at U of A, and they are equally lightly clothed for the Arizona heat, and they are much more likely to be thinking about their future and snag themselves a lawyer.

So playboy also had ASU as number 1. And now we move the debate from who has the hottest chicks (ASU) to which campus has the easiest chicks. And what the fuck makes you think Arizona chicks are so much smarter than ASU chicks? And what does that have to do with who has the hottest chicks?

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:Read the comments on that board. That list is anything but exhaustive. Everyone knows the ASU was #1 on Playboy's top ten list or whatever, so that's just a tip of the hat to the original ranking. But U of A is consistently ranked in lists like that, and I'm not positive but I think on that Playboy list as well. Plus, they're (slightly) more wholesome and intelligent. I'm just saying...good luck picking up an ASU sorority chick as a boring law student...ain't gonna happen.

So playboy also had ASU as number 1. And now we move the debate from who has the hottest chicks (ASU) to which campus has the easiest chicks. And what the fuck makes you think Arizona chicks are so much smarter than ASU chicks? And what does that have to do with who has the hottest chicks?

Well, if you're going to say that the hotness of the women on a particular campus is a selling point, then it should be examined whether the person will be able to mingle with said women. ASU hotties are into meatheads and the club scene. There simply isn't the same type of club scene or atmosphere in Tucson. Maybe that's your cup of tea. But I doubt most TLSers would blend.

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:51 pm

I must say that one of my favorite things about TLS, is that the Arizona v. Arizona State debate almost always comes back to "who has the hottest chicks?". Possible Consensus: Arizona (the state) has a lot of hot chicks.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 pm

darknightbegins wrote:

Well, if you're going to say that the hotness of the women on a particular campus is a selling point, then it should be examined whether the person will be able to mingle with said women. ASU hotties are into meatheads and the club scene. There simply isn't the same type of club scene or atmosphere in Tucson. Maybe that's your cup of tea. But I doubt most TLSers would blend.

Not every TLSer is a socially akward, 98 pound weakling. I think you make too broad a statement about TLSers. Let ask the OP what type of guy he is and whether he can spit the game necessary to nab a hot chick.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 pm

cLams wrote:I must say that one of my favorite things about TLS, is that the Arizona v. Arizona State debate almost always comes back to "who has the hottest chicks?". Possible Consensus: Arizona (the state) has a lot of hot chicks.

Because that is usually the biggest difference between the two schools.

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:19 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:

Not every TLSer is a socially akward, 98 pound weakling. I think you make too broad a statement about TLSers. Let ask the OP what type of guy he is and whether he can spit the game necessary to nab a hot chick.

The OP (me) is a chick, but is an ASU girl who can spit the game necessary to nab a hot dude. I obviously agree that ASU girls are hot (otherwise I'd be hating on myself and my people), but I also think there are amazing women at UofA. They are just totally different types. To each is own!

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Clams, are you deciding only between UofA and ASU?

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:Clams, are you deciding only between UofA and ASU?

No I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools! The only other school that I would probably seriously, seriously consider would be Davis. Right now its Davis=UA>ASU>Oregon. It's just going to be hard for me to justify the money if I get into Davis. Because UA is in state for me and they offered me scholarship, it'll be hard to pass up! I'm dying to get my UA finaid packet.

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:51 pm

P.S. Are you just going for a visit, or going to one of the ASDs?

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

cLams wrote:

The OP (me) is a chick, but is an ASU girl who can spit the game necessary to nab a hot dude. I obviously agree that ASU girls are hot (otherwise I'd be hating on myself and my people), but I also think there are amazing women at UofA. They are just totally different types. To each is own!

You are a chick? Well fuck then flip a coin. And for the record, chicks don't need to spit game.

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
cLams wrote:

You are a chick? Well fuck then flip a coin. And for the record, chicks don't need to spit game.

Touche

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 pm

cLams wrote:P.S. Are you just going for a visit, or going to one of the ASDs?

I'm going for a visit on April 6. I lived in Scottsdale for a few years during middle school/high school, but I've only been to Tuscon once.

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:

I'm going for a visit on April 6. I lived in Scottsdale for a few years during middle school/high school, but I've only been to Tuscon once.

Oh sweet! I'm going to the April 10th ASD. I go to Tucson a lot and actually really like it, but it takes A LOT to get used to for most people. It seems like an awesome place to go to school though.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 pm

cLams wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:

Oh sweet! I'm going to the April 10th ASD. I go to Tucson a lot and actually really like it, but it takes A LOT to get used to for most people. It seems like an awesome place to go to school though.

Lets hope I like it. I'm deciding between there and Tulane.

mepg

Postby mepg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 pm

To the OP,

I am an ASU 1L. I had the choice between both schools. You can't go wrong either way. I just wanted to add that if you are interested in clerkships in Phoenix, the issue with UA is relocating for summer. The idea of constantly relocating did not appeal to me. Regarding externships, many judges reserve most of their summer externships for UA students because ASU students get to monopolize the judges during the school year.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 am

darknightbegins wrote:Not every TLSer is a socially akward, 98 pound weakling. I think you make too broad a statement about TLSers. Let ask the OP what type of guy he is and whether he can spit the game necessary to nab a hot chick.

Hey, neither am I! But I've visited a number of law schools and...there's a trend. Just trying to look out for my brothers and manage their expectations. Plus, one doesn't need to be socially awkward or puny to have absolutely nothing to talk about with the ASU girls in those photos.

cLams wrote:The OP (me) is a chick, but is an ASU girl who can spit the game necessary to nab a hot dude. I obviously agree that ASU girls are hot (otherwise I'd be hating on myself and my people), but I also think there are amazing women at UofA. They are just totally different types. To each is own!

LOL that made this thread a lot funnier...chicks spitting game...

cLams

Postby cLams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:11 am

darknightbegins wrote:Not every TLSer is a socially akward, 98 pound weakling. I think you make too broad a statement about TLSers. Let ask the OP what type of guy he is and whether he can spit the game necessary to nab a hot chick.

Hey, neither am I! But I've visited a number of law schools and...there's a trend. Just trying to look out for my brothers and manage their expectations. Plus, one doesn't need to be socially awkward or puny to have absolutely nothing to talk about with the ASU girls in those photos.

cLams wrote:The OP (me) is a chick, but is an ASU girl who can spit the game necessary to nab a hot dude. I obviously agree that ASU girls are hot (otherwise I'd be hating on myself and my people), but I also think there are amazing women at UofA. They are just totally different types. To each is own!

LOL that made this thread a lot funnier...chicks spitting game...

My "spitting" comment was a totally a joke because I wanted to quote the post before, but I like to keep it fun!! :D

cLams

Postby cLams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 am

mepg wrote:To the OP,

I am an ASU 1L. I had the choice between both schools. You can't go wrong either way. I just wanted to add that if you are interested in clerkships in Phoenix, the issue with UA is relocating for summer. The idea of constantly relocating did not appeal to me. Regarding externships, many judges reserve most of their summer externships for UA students because ASU students get to monopolize the judges during the school year.

Thanks so much for the insider info! This is really good to know. How have you liked your experience at ASU?

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 am

cLams wrote:My "spitting" comment was a totally a joke because I wanted to quote the post before, but I like to keep it fun!! :D

I got an awesome visual of a girl at a party sorta cornering a guy while leaning against the wall with her forearm above his head, not realizing how uncomfortable he appears to be....

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 am

Bro, I wasn't planning on holding an long drawn out conversation with those women. More like the minimum amount of speaking that is necessary to get where I want things to go. Not looking to make any of them a Mrs. Darknightbegins.

cLams

Postby cLams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 am

cLams wrote:My "spitting" comment was a totally a joke because I wanted to quote the post before, but I like to keep it fun!! :D

I got an awesome visual of a girl at a party sorta cornering a guy while leaning against the wall with her forearm above his head, not realizing how uncomfortable he appears to be....

Hahahaha! That is an awesome visual.

tucsonwildcat412

Postby tucsonwildcat412 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:43 am

An Arizona degree travels MUCH BETTER THAN AN ASU DEGREE, and places much better overall in clerkships. I would venture to say that the higher-acceptance rate would be due to the much smaller undergrad student body the U of A pulls from. I would not be inclined to say that U of A is on the decline due to the strength of the faculty there; among civil litigation, torts, juvenile law, natural resources and Native American Law, it offers much more prestige than its northern neighbor. If you want a stong legal education with lots more lay as well as professional expertise, choose Arizona; if you would like to contract an STD, then ASU would probably be your best choice.

cLams

Postby cLams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

tucsonwildcat412 wrote:An Arizona degree travels MUCH BETTER THAN AN ASU DEGREE, and places much better overall in clerkships. I would venture to say that the higher-acceptance rate would be due to the much smaller undergrad student body the U of A pulls from. I would not be inclined to say that U of A is on the decline due to the strength of the faculty there; among civil litigation, torts, juvenile law, natural resources and Native American Law, it offers much more prestige than its northern neighbor. If you want a stong legal education with lots more lay as well as professional expertise, choose Arizona; if you would like to contract an STD, then ASU would probably be your best choice.

Thank you! :D Though I'm assuming you're biased by looking at your author name, this is what I needed to hear! Are you a UA undergrad/law student?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”