BU vs Fordham vs Emory for NYC BigLaw Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lshopeful3232

New

BU vs Fordham vs Emory for NYC BigLaw

Post by lshopeful3232 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm currently trying to decide between BU with $30,000, Fordham with $15,000 and Emory with no scholly. I am not all that worried about cost of living or money to be honest so this is not a huge factor in my decision. The main factor is job placement.
I'd like to think I want to end up working in NYC but I am not 100% sure. I could see myself in DC or Chicago too...

Emory seems to be more and more out of the picture at this point, especially since they offered me no money.

Does BU have enough national reach? How does BU compare to Fordham for NYC BigLaw?
I know Fordham will limit me to NYC, but if I go to BU and decide to work in NYC after will I have a really hard time?
Any BU students have any insight???

Anyone from Emory want to convince me to still consider...?

lshopeful3232

New

Re: BU vs Fordham vs Emory for NYC BigLaw

Post by lshopeful3232 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:19 am

bump

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

edited
Last edited by SAE on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lshopeful3232

New

Post by lshopeful3232 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks,
Anyone know the difference between BU and Fordham placement in NYC?

What about for DC or Chicago firms? If I am not set on NYC after law school...is BU the wiser option? Does Emory still get any support on here?

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 am

lshopeful3232 wrote:Thanks,
Anyone know the difference between BU and Fordham placement in NYC?

What about for DC or Chicago firms? If I am not set on NYC after law school...is BU the wiser option? Does Emory still get any support on here?
Off the top of my head, I can tell you that Fordham does very well in NYC biglaw (ITE everything goes to shit, of course). I think it's a better choice than probably any school outside the T14 (that seems to be the common consensus, btw).

That being said, I believe BU has a stronger national reach (including DC and Chicago), although neither school can really be considered "national" schools.

I wouldn't take Emory over the other two unless I wanted to work in the South. Even then, I would make them cough up some money to match your other scholarships.

Steven Perry

New

Post by Steven Perry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am

Keep in mind that BU is also ranked very highly in certain areas. I know that their health care law, which I feel is going to be a very interesting field to be a part of for about the next decade, is very good. I've also heard that their teaching staff is absolutely fantastic. For what it's worth, they did very well in the Princeton Review rankings last year as well, but take that however you want. I'd take BU over Fordham barring scholarships, but if BU is offering you a nice amount, I say go there.

I'm also a big fan of Boston, so keep in mind my bias there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”