Best option for an MBA?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LavAzza2004

Best option for an MBA?

Postby LavAzza2004 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:44 pm

I have an MBA from a top program and several years of work experience. I'm still waiting to hear from several schools and have been waitlisted at some Top 10 schools, but I'm trying to narrow down my current options. At the top are:

Northwestern (waiting to hear if I will get any merit aid)
George Washington ($30k per year + housing the first year)
Boston U ($20k per year)
Indiana U (full tuition)

Any thoughts on the value of a degree (with likely more debt) from NW vs. the other schools?
Last edited by LavAzza2004 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

lawman2010

Re: Best option for an MBA?

Postby lawman2010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:49 pm

LavAzza2004 wrote:Hello! I have an MBA from a top program and several years of experience with a large financial company. I've decided to pursue law school for personal and professional reasons, ultimately hoping it opens additional doors for me and secures my earning potential. I'm still waiting to hear from several schools and have been waitlisted at some Top 10 schools, but I'm trying to narrow down my current options. At the top are:

Northwestern (just got accepted and am waiting to hear if I will get any merit aid)
George Washington ($30k per year + housing the first year)
Boston U ($20k per year)
Indiana U (full tuition)

With my MBA and business background I'd love to attend NW, but the thought of all that debt (if I'm not awarded merit aid) is stomach-turning. Working for a firm or big business are strong potential interests, but not a definite pursuit. A senior leadership position is also something I may pursue. D.C., Chicago, or Boston are all appealing cities to me.

Any thoughts on the value of a degree from NW vs. the other schools, which are all great but not quite at the level of NW? Does anybody have experience with how NW awards merit $ after notice of admission is given?

Go to NW.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”