Is Harvard really this douchie?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
crackberry

Re: Is Harvard really this douchie?

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:"All Stanford's campus are belong to us (Harvard)" because cambridge > palo alto any day of the week (except M-Sun), esp. for someone coming from the sunny south...like me...

Interesting. So someone from the sunny south would rather live in dreary, cold Cambridge than warm, sunny Palo Alto?

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 pm

crackberry wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:"All Stanford's campus are belong to us (Harvard)" because cambridge > palo alto any day of the week (except M-Sun), esp. for someone coming from the sunny south...like me...

Interesting. So someone from the sunny south would rather live in dreary, cold Cambridge than warm, sunny Palo Alto?

Apparently so, as long as it wasn't Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:46 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Apparently so, as long as it wasn't Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

lol +1

tbh, id rather have a postcard of Cambridge and live in Palo Alto :P

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 pm

calicocat wrote:I'm late to this party but people have met slickback right? Cause this just answers itself then....

this.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
calicocat wrote:I'm late to this party but people have met slickback right? Cause this just answers itself then....

this.

Cause honestly, I can't believe the OP was not just a link to your profile.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

calicocat wrote:

this.

someone did on page 1

D. H2Oman wrote:Yes

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
calicocat wrote:

this.

someone did on page 1

D. H2Oman wrote:Yes

lulz waterman beats me by 6 pages. Typical.

subgdubb

Postby subgdubb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 pm

How dare you insult the students of Harvard Law School! They are gods walking among men. Such intelligence. Such grace. They merely ignored you because you are not of the same caliber as they are. You are a mere mortal. They are the human representations of Zeus, Athena and other immortal beings. They can sense that your blood is not made of liquid gold. They can smell that your sweat is not fine champaign. You do not belong. I however, do, as I will be attending one of these years. After all, my parents say I am the king of the universe!

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 pm

subgdubb wrote:How dare you insult the students of Harvard Law School! They are gods walking among men. Such intelligence. Such grace. They merely ignored you because you are not of the same caliber as they are. You are a mere mortal. They are the human representations of Zeus, Athena and other immortal beings. They can sense that your blood is not made of liquid gold. They can smell that your sweat is not fine champaign. You do not belong. I however, do, as I will be attending one of these years. After all, my parents say I am the king of the universe!

this.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm

TBF, Slickback couldn't even get into Columbia ED. Harvard can't be that special.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:46 pm

crackberry wrote:TBF, Slickback couldn't even get into Columbia ED. Harvard can't be that special.

or maybe columbia is just that crazy and incompetent?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 pm

crackberry wrote:TBF, Slickback couldn't even get into Columbia ED. Harvard can't be that special.

titcr

Zara

Postby Zara » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 pm

the douchiest people I've ever met were at a state school in the deep south. I'm southern and i love the south, but the south has its douches just like the north. You won't escape them by staying away from Harvard. I'm pretty sure they are everywhere and if you try to avoid them you might have to live alone in a cave somewhere where you will inevitably end up banging your head repeatedly into your cave wall hoping to kill yourself so you can escape your own douchiness after you realize that you left the world to live by yourself because you somehow thought you were the only person immune to douchiness and that that has made you the douchiest of all. Unfortunately you'll pass out before you die and then you'll wake up as a bleeding douche in a cave with a massive headache and wonder why you didn't just go to Harvard.

renee1693

Postby renee1693 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:26 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Florida is a wholenother thing.

How so?

full of vacationers, or retirees, or northerners looking for better weather. I don't even know what the native population of FL is like. It is hard to compare to the other southern cities that I have spent time. Florida feels more north like than the rest. I have spent decent amount of time in Richmond, VA Beach, Myrtle Beach area, RDU, ATL, Augusta, Birmingham, Selma, Ashville, Danville, Knoxville. I feel like I had pretty good samples of the South and I like it over the North in general.

I do love Philly deeply, but not because it is a nicer place. I am just attached to it. I would love to live in the South eventually, probably ATL area, or near Savannah but I need to make the money first.

Mmm actually you're referring to South Florida which as a region is full of old New Yorkers. However, parts of central and most of northern Florida I would consider quite southern. Ever driven through the panhandle? Not a pleasant experience.

On another note, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm

renee1693 wrote:

Mmm actually you're referring to South Florida which as a region is full of old New Yorkers. However, parts of central and most of northern Florida I would consider quite southern. Ever driven through the panhandle? Not a pleasant experience.

On another note, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

I feel like anywhere from Jacksonville down the 95 coridor are swimming with people I had ran away from lol Maybe because back in GA it feels very southern and Florida by contrast isn't so much.

Sort of a shame that most T14's and lucrative jobs are up north. But I hope to have some classmates from the south :)

c0rpusdelicti

Postby c0rpusdelicti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

titcr

+1

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:45 pm

thickfreakness wrote:All this north/south bickering aside, I think we can all agree that the south does, unquestionalby, have the the most attractive women in the country.

I live in South Florida and the girls down here are absolutely stunning. I went to college in Maine and the girls were generally good, but lacked the knockouts one would find down here. However, I recently visited Emory in Atlanta, GA, and both at the school and in town, the girls underwhelmed. I went to two different parts of town and saw only one very hot girl. One Emory frat party had some hot girls walk into it, but they really weren't anything to write home about. Do you all think that I just happened to have a bad visit or is Atlanta an exception to the hot southern girl rule?

I kind of expected the Emory girls to be only average, but I had high expectations for the townies and was disappointed.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”