Notre Dame 30k/yr vs. Vanderbilt 20k/yr - Please Help!!!!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Notre Dame 30k/yr vs. Vanderbilt 20k/yr - International law interest - Please help!!

Poll ended at Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Notre Dame
24%
Vanderbilt
76%

Total votes: 25

Bobushka22

Notre Dame 30k/yr vs. Vanderbilt 20k/yr - Please Help!!!!!

Postby Bobushka22 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm

I am interested in going into the field of international law and human rights and will probably seek government work at some juncture in time. For me, the locations are essentially a wash as Notre Dame is near some family of mine around the Chicago area (not very close, but sort of) while Nashville is much prettier with a good deal more amenities than South Bend. I am also a Notre Dame football fan... college football shouldn't factor into your admissions decision... but let's be honest now. I could definitely use everybody's help on this. Please note that I am able to take out enough aid after all to be able to attend either institution. That said, if I went to Vanderbilt, I would probably be looking at somewhere in the range of 100 to 120k in debt as opposed to Notre Dame at about 50 to 70 k in debt (very rough figures). Please help!

cardinalandgold

Re: Notre Dame 30k/yr vs. Vanderbilt 20k/yr - Please Help!!!!!

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 pm

I would choose Vandy over ND. Professor Newton at Vandy has some serious hookups in the international sphere and has been known to help students land some pretty sweet externships and international work experience. Plus Nashville >>> South Bend.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Vandy with no hesitation. ND football is gonna be garbage for at least a couple more years anyway.

Bobushka22

Postby Bobushka22 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:I would choose Vandy over ND. Professor Newton at Vandy has some serious hookups in the international sphere and has been known to help students land some pretty sweet externships and international work experience. Plus Nashville >>> South Bend.

Thanks a lot... especially with the detail... good times. =D

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:I would choose Vandy over ND. Professor Newton at Vandy has some serious hookups in the international sphere and has been known to help students land some pretty sweet externships and international work experience. Plus Nashville >>> South Bend.

+1

the more i read about the guy the more impressed i am. hes kinda badass

Return to “Choosing a Law School”