UVA $$ v UT $$ v GULC $$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which to choose?

UVA $$
54%
UT $$
42%
GULC $$
4%

Total votes: 24

Morgan12Oak

UVA $$ v UT $$ v GULC $$

Postby Morgan12Oak » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 am

First post here but here is the situation. I think this is gonna be a big debate because this ones real close.

Substantial scholarships at all 3 UVA, UT and GULC (~75%)

The goal is to practice big law in Texas upon graduation (I am from Atlanta and do not have the so-called "Texas Ties" and would NOT want to go back to Atlanta for whatever reason). I think I would enjoy all 3 schools in terms of quality of life. However, I think undoubtedly I would enjoy Texas for various reasons, including it being in Austin. GULC I am considering just for lay prestige; though I might be a bit concerned with cost of living in D.C.

What to do?

Any responses, and preferably debate would be greatly appreciated.

lawschooliseasy

Re: UVA $$ v UT $$ v GULC $$

Postby lawschooliseasy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 am

UVA or UT. UT will do better in your market, but UVA has more national reach. Going to GULC because it has more lay prestige is foolish. Lay people don't hire you, lawyers do. Plus, if you're making six figures, you should be able to pull ass whether you went to Yale or Cooley.

Morgan12Oak

Re: UVA $$ v UT $$ v GULC $$

Postby Morgan12Oak » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Ok I think I was leaning towards eliminating GULC as an option anyways. But, after seeing the early results of this poll I'm more torn than ever between UVA and UT...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”