Cincy $14k vs. W&L $27k Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Cincy $14k vs. W&L $27k

Cincinnati @ $14k
33%
W&L @ 27k
67%

Total votes: 15

buckmulligan58

New

Cincy $14k vs. W&L $27k

Post by buckmulligan58 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:03 pm

I would like to work in Ohio in one of the big 3 cities (Cin/Cle/Col). I was rejected by Ohio State. Do you think W&L's higher ranking and prestige would open more doors or should I take the cheaper tuition and better location of Cincinnati?

Jerome

Bronze

Re: Cincy $14k vs. W&L $27k

Post by Jerome » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

buckmulligan58 wrote:I would like to work in Ohio in one of the big 3 cities (Cin/Cle/Col). I was rejected by Ohio State. Do you think W&L's higher ranking and prestige would open more doors or should I take the cheaper tuition and better location of Cincinnati?
Yes. They have better employment stats with large firms, better placement in clerkships, [strike]and you'll pay less[/strike]. You will be able to find a job in Ohio out of W&L with some work.

Edit: Misread post re: cost. That slightly changes what I'd recommend. I still think W&L is a better choice based on academics/clerkship possibilities, large firm placement, and prestige; BUT if you know you want to be in Ohio, go to Cincy and save the money.
Last edited by Jerome on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Jerome wrote:
buckmulligan58 wrote:I would like to work in Ohio in one of the big 3 cities (Cin/Cle/Col). I was rejected by Ohio State. Do you think W&L's higher ranking and prestige would open more doors or should I take the cheaper tuition and better location of Cincinnati?
Yes. They have better employment stats with large firms, better placement in clerkships, and you'll pay less. You will be able to find a job in Ohio out of W&L with some work.
I'm skeptical of this.

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:01 pm

keg411 wrote:
Jerome wrote:
Yes. They have better employment stats with large firms, better placement in clerkships, and you'll pay less. You will be able to find a job in Ohio out of W&L with some work.
I'm skeptical of this.
As am I. Being in the market is better than trying to break into it. I would attend Cincinnati if you know you want Ohio.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”