USanFran or UMiami or [Santa Clara or Wisconsin]

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Joy_Deknarak

USanFran or UMiami or [Santa Clara or Wisconsin]

Postby Joy_Deknarak » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi, I'm having a hard time choosing between U of Miami, and USF (san francisco)
Money is not a problem to me. I got full scholarship from my government which covers everything.

Do you think what school is better if I want to find some employment in USA?
What school should I go?
Is it hard for international student to get a moderate law job in USA?

Another thing; if fortunately I get into Wisconsin and Santa Clara too (but no letter yet)
On those 4, where should I attend? My first priority is on job perspective of international student JD.

Thank you so much

darknightbegins

Re: USanFran or UMiami or [Santa Clara or Wisconsin]

Postby darknightbegins » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

maxsidious wrote:Hi, I'm having a hard time choosing between U of Miami, and USF (san francisco)
Money is not a problem to me. I got full scholarship from my government which covers everything.

What school should I go?

Another thing; if fortunately I get into Wisconsin and Santa Clara too (but no letter yet)
On those 4, where should I attend? My first priority is on job perspective of international student JD.

Thank you so much

Well what kind of law are you going to practice? If money isn't a problem both SanFran and Miami are good when it comes to international law programs, from what I've read. Santa Clara has a good Intelectual property program, so if you are a tech guy and looking at Silicon Valley that may be the way to go. Wisconsin is the best out of these schools, although...it is Wisconsin and you will freeze.

What are your goals? What work are you looking at?

Joy_Deknarak

Postby Joy_Deknarak » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
maxsidious wrote:Hi, I'm having a hard time choosing between U of Miami, and USF (san francisco)

What school should I go?

Thank you so much

Well what kind of law are you going to practice? If money isn't a problem both SanFran and Miami are good when it comes to international law programs, from what I've read. Santa Clara has a good Intelectual property program, so if you are a tech guy and looking at Silicon Valley that may be the way to go. Wisconsin is the best out of these schools, although...it is Wisconsin and you will freeze.

I don't know yet. I would choose something that international JD can find the job in USA with a decent pay.
Do you have any suggestion? You think USF and Miami are in the same standard?
Is it easier to get the job if you grad from Miami and work in florida?

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 pm

maxsidious wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:

What school should I go?

Thank you so much

I don't know yet. I would choose something that international JD can find the job in USA with a decent pay.
Do you have any suggestion? You think USF and Miami are in the same standard?
Is it easier to get the job if you grad from Miami and work in florida?

Well are you interested in commerce? Are you interested in technology? Its difficult to suggest anywhere without knowing some of these things. Universitiyof San Fran and Miami are likely about the same in terms of reputation. I'm not sure which one places better but I can't imagine one places alot better than the other. Miami and San Fran are both international cities, with Miami more linked to Latin America and San Fran likely more linked to Asian and Pacific Island countries.

Look into what you want to do as an international JD, what are your interests and goals? What country are you from? Do you want to somehow work with that country or are you really looking to just stay and work in the US? Answer these questions, it will be easier to make a decision.

Have at least some idea what you want to do with a law degree. Law school isn't the best place to "find yourself".

Return to “Choosing a Law School”