suffolk $$$$ vs Roger Williams $$$$ vs Temple $$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lovethelaw88

suffolk $$$$ vs Roger Williams $$$$ vs Temple $$

Postby lovethelaw88 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm

The title is pretty self explanatory. Got a full ride to Roger Williams, 40k per year to Suffolk. Also got 12k per year to Temple. I love Boston and would't mind practicing here. Also, I want to practice family law or be a juvenile defender. Where would you go?

reasonable_man

Re: suffolk $$$$ vs Roger Williams $$$$ vs Temple $$

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:07 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:The title is pretty self explanatory. Got a full ride to Roger Williams, 40k per year to Suffolk. Also got 12k per year to Temple. I love Boston and would't mind practicing here. Also, I want to practice family law or be a juvenile defender. Where would you go?

What conditions are attached to each scholarship package?

lovethelaw88

Postby lovethelaw88 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
lovethelaw88 wrote:The title is pretty self explanatory. Got a full ride to Roger Williams, 40k per year to Suffolk. Also got 12k per year to Temple. I love Boston and would't mind practicing here. Also, I want to practice family law or be a juvenile defender. Where would you go?

What conditions are attached to each scholarship package?

At Suffolk I need to keep a 3.0. At Roger Williams I need to stay in the top third of the class. At Temple I need to keep a 2.6.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Temple based on scholly stips at the other 2 schools. I'm pretty sure Temple's median GPA isn't anywhere near that low.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:40 pm

keg411 wrote:Temple based on scholly stips at the other 2 schools. I'm pretty sure Temple's median GPA isn't anywhere near that low.

Tend to agree. I, personally, would attend Temple over either school.

choppa5

Postby choppa5 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm

If you want to practice in Boston, Suffolk is the place to be and 40K a year is pretty much full tuition.. I am dead jealous...

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

choppa5 wrote:If you want to practice in Boston, Suffolk is the place to be and 40K a year is pretty much full tuition.. I am dead jealous...

What does this even mean?

mailmanstalker

Postby mailmanstalker » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

I work at a firm in Boston. If you want to practice in Boston, Suffolk is worth it. 90% of atts in my firm graduated from Suffolk and are very sucessful.

I dont want to be in Boston so if it was me I'd do Temple...I attended there open house and loved it...I am also battling with the choice with more $$ from other schools.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm

mailmanstalker wrote:I work at a firm in Boston. If you want to practice in Boston, Suffolk is worth it. 90% of atts in my firm graduated from Suffolk and are very sucessful.

I dont want to be in Boston so if it was me I'd do Temple...I attended there open house and loved it...I am also battling with the choice with more $$ from other schools.

You would advise someone, under any scenario, to attend a costly festering TTTT with a grade stip that will require him to land in the top 3rd as opposed to attending a far better school with slightly less money but a much more favorable grade stipulation?

I'm not sure how you sleep at night.

reverendt

Postby reverendt » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:09 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
mailmanstalker wrote:I work at a firm in Boston. If you want to practice in Boston, Suffolk is worth it. 90% of atts in my firm graduated from Suffolk and are very sucessful.

You would advise someone, under any scenario, to attend a costly festering TTTT with a grade stip that will require him to land in the top 3rd as opposed to attending a far better school with slightly less money but a much more favorable grade stipulation?

I'm not sure how you sleep at night.

What is the median at Suffolk?
If not for the condition I think it'd be the best choice given the OP's goals.
However....if you lose that scholly you're paying a fortune for a TTTT school....

Return to “Choosing a Law School”