UFL (8k annual) vs MSU (full ride) vs ND (full price)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school is the best option.

Poll ended at Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Notre Dame at full price.
69%
University of Florida with 8k a year.
25%
Michigan State University with full ride.
6%

Total votes: 16

Guthrie32

UFL (8k annual) vs MSU (full ride) vs ND (full price)

Postby Guthrie32 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 pm

I am completely at a loss for where to go this fall. It is down to UFL, MSU, and ND. What are everyone's thoughts as to which is the best option? Is the full tuition scholarship really that worth it, should I take my top school, or should I go where it is warm and enjoy the next 3 years?

MSU-Full Ride
U of Florida-8k per year
Notre Dame-Sticker price

Thanks for the input!

Benvenuto10

Re: UFL (8k annual) vs MSU (full ride) vs ND (full price)

Postby Benvenuto10 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm

To me, much of the decision would weigh on where you want to practice. If you want to practice in Florida/Georgia/Louisiana, UF with 8K annually is a very nice option. If you want to practice in Michigan, and in certain areas of the mid-west, then MSU with a full ride is a very strong option. However, if you want flexibility, and the option to practice nearly anywhere, then Notre Dame is where you go.

A full ride is hard to turn down anywhere, but I would weigh a far amount of your decision on where you anticipate spending your years after graduation. Either way, congrats on your options and best of luck.

Guthrie32

Re: UFL (8k annual) vs MSU (full ride) vs ND (full price)

Postby Guthrie32 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks for the input. I was born and raised in Indiana so I will most likely end up back in the Hoosier state, but I would be alright spending 5-10 years in Florida. My biggest fear is that it will be difficult to move back to Indiana and find a good job. That is my biggest worry, plus I hate making big decisions.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”