completely undecided and need advice

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

I'm completely undecided and need advice:

Cardozo 130K total cost
7%
Brooklyn 125K total cost
7%
Ohio State 90K total cost
36%
George Mason 170K total cost
7%
Ride out William and Mary wait list
No votes
Reapply
43%

Total votes: 14

newlaw77

completely undecided and need advice

Postby newlaw77 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm

*Number is my total cost of attendance over 3 years.

My cycle is pretty much complete. LSAT 164, GPA 3.47, should be over 3.5 by the time I graduate. I studied one month for the LSAT, and improved from 154 -164, averaged 163 on practice tests, and high (169). I like but am not in love with all of the schools I have gotten into so maybe my best option is re-take LSAT and reapply. I'm looking for advice so please leave an explanation.

I was rejected or W/L at every school I applied to below US News 35

Ranked by location I want to work in: Cardozo, Brooklyn, George Mason, William and Mary, Ohio State

Ranked by the field I want to work in: William and Mary, George Mason = Ohio State, Cardozo, Brooklyn

Ranked by my interpretation of employment stats and degree mobility(correct me if I'm wrong): William and Mary, Cardozo, Ohio State, George Mason, Brooklyn

Not sure what other info would help

crm

Re: completely undecided and need advice

Postby crm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you actually and out of the choices I think I will be going to tOSU (pending other apps). Cheaper COL and great employment prospects, but if you want to work/live in NY, then I would say Cardozo probably

champ33

Postby champ33 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:22 pm

I'd say from reading these forums that Ohio State is the only of these schools dominant in its respective market. However, why not put down a deposit at 1 or 2 of these schools, take the June LSAT, and rethink your options after getting the score back? If it's significantly higher, take another year and reapply, if it's about the same score, decide if you'd be happy attending one of these schools.

newlaw77

Postby newlaw77 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Thank you, for your reply. I am certainly not married to New York but, out of my options it is my top choice.

newlaw77

Postby newlaw77 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm

champ33 wrote:I'd say from reading these forums that Ohio State is the only of these schools dominant in its respective market. However, why not put down a deposit at 1 or 2 of these schools, take the June LSAT, and rethink your options after getting the score back? If it's significantly higher, take another year and reapply, if it's about the same score, decide if you'd be happy attending one of these schools.

Thank you, I was not aware that I can do that. Do I have to report the new LSAT score to the schools where I put down my deposit?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”